Vestwell Service Center Manager
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re excited about adding a Manager to our client-facing team who is passionate about our mission to change the retirement FinTech space.. Ideally, you have spent 3-5 years working with savers, advisors, sponsors, recordkeepers and/or TPAs providing some aspect of Operational Servicing while managing the day to day needs of a service center specialist .
What will you be doing?
Day-to-day you will be expected to:
A key component of Vestwell’s mission to empower retirement savings is to make the process of setting up and running an account easy and painless for an employer and saver. As a Manager, you will play a key role in understanding the customer's goals and how those translate into an effective service and support model. Your goal will be to work closely with both Employers and Savers to provide the best possible service experience when interacting with Vestwell.
- Manage the day to day operation of the Service Center including supervisory leads and up to 20 Service Associates. Successfully lead a world class omni channel service center operation (calls, chat, email, etc) that will focus on the employer and participant needs of qualified retirement plan and Auto IRA state programs.
- Hiring qualified associates at all levels
- Establish process and procedures for the daily management of the operation
- Forecast required headcount based on current and future forecasted volume to ensure staffing levels are adequate to achieve foundational level service.
- Identify service needs that will lead to the optimal experience to those needing support
- Be responsible for managing the service level expectations associated with exemplary service to our customer base.
- Manage client expectations to avoid any disconnects with process and timing standards
- Ensure collaboration with all internal parties while communicating to the clients
- Lead and/or attend scheduled client conference calls to provide status and health checks
- Support the creation and maintenance of the wiki and knowledge-base of your saver servicing process and procedures to insure up to date accuracy of information.
- Assist product team with product specifications, continue to look for ways to improve the process, systems or people to ensure service is provided in a scalable, efficient fashion while attaining foundational service levels.
- 3-5 years experience working in a call center environment including management of staffing, introduction of technologies to improve service model and continual improvement of efficiencies to promote growth at a lower cost.
- Develop and maintain strong business partnership with financial advisors, employers, participants and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong commitment to superior customer service
- Experience in successfully handling escalated customer requests
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Proficiency is required with Excel/Google Sheets, Word/Google docs, Adobe Acrobat, and browsing network directories as we are a paperless office
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, proficient with numbers and basic calculations. Driven to achieve SLA through active daily monitoring and management.
- Knowledge of one or more recordkeeping systems
- Series 7, 65, 66 license
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) credential
We have a strong preference for an individual located in one of the following cities: Tampa, Phoenix for a hybrid work environment.
The expected salary range for this position is 60k-80k. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!