Director of Sales Operations
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is seeking an ambitious individual to be the first hire dedicated entirely to SalesOps. To date, our Revenue Operations team and Sales Leadership have shared this responsibility, but our scale has outgrown this model, and it is now time to hire a full time person dedicated to this purpose.
The right candidate will become the connective tissue between Sales Leadership and Revenue Operations, focused on supporting the sales team in ways that enables increased performance, achieves more aggressive goals quicker, and enhances the sales motions by synthesizing data to make the sales experience as effective as possible. With 5x the number of partnerships and 3x the size of the sales team we had 12 months ago, it is more important than ever to ensure our motions work at scale and we are able to iterate quickly. Ultimately, you will be the person responsible for optimal time to value and the ability to hit revenue targets by ensuring sales rep time is spent on high impact initiatives and activities.
The ideal candidate is able to call upon project management & strategic thinking fundamentals to understand our go to market motion, map that to an evolving framework for how Vestwell sells retirement plans at scale, evaluate outcomes in a highly analytical and data driven way, suggest new solutions that touch people, process, and technology, implement change, remove blockers from our sales process, and ultimately contribute to the growth of the business.
A person who would thrive in this role is a structured problem solver who can quickly get to the heart of an issue, excels in systems thinking, and is scrappy, determined, logical, and analytical. You must have the interpersonal skills, tenacity, and common sense to be an agent of change. In this role, you will be given significant agency to devise a strategy and approach for achieving your goals, requiring you to exercise good judgment, independently build consensus across several stakeholders, and succeed or fail by your ability to drive results.
What will you be doing?
- Sales Reporting and Analysis:
- An understanding by each channel, segment, partner (or any other way sales defines and deems important to parse the data by) of all key performance indicators of the sales cycle (CAC, Average Sales Cycle Length, Close Rate, Cost Per Lead, Time To Close, Win/Loss Ratio, Loss Reasons, etc).
- Growth Forecasting in addition to evaluating data points that index and predict actuals vs targets. Identify and make actionable recommendations on what is needed to bridge the gap
- Lead Management:
- Ensuring that demand gen scoring activities are aligning to expectations and are actually meeting the respective criteria
- Demand Generation/Lead Gen coordination & evaluation
- Technology Application Management (Critical Communication Platforms: Salesloft, Aircall, dialers, and other engagement platforms)
- Supporting the build, maintenance and best practices of GTM tech platforms e.g. building, measuring and editing Salesloft cadences
- Supporting Sales Leadership in key areas required to manage a 50+ person team:
- Evaluation of pipeline
- Quota Development and Evaluation
- Territory Definition & Management
- Commission calculation
- Evaluate and propose ways to optimize sales processes
- Enable Sales Management to have the data they need for sales rep performance management
- Sales Training and stage movement (How to use the tech stack, not how to be a sales person. E.g how to load an opp in Salesforce, how to import lists to Salesloft, POC for CRM; SFDC questions)
- Knowledge Base Management
- 6+ years of experience in sales operations
- Knowledge of the retirement or another relevant area of the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of how CRM, billing, and contract lifecycle management systems work such that you can specify requirements with knowledge of what is/isn’t possible
- Comfortable writing business requirements documentation
- Proven ability to influence without authority up, down, and across an organization through excellent communication and EQ
- Strong business acumen and organizational agility
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies and domains
- An ability to connect the dots, move from big picture to the details fluidly, and communicate effectively at each level
- Maintain a continuous-improvement attitude; able to seek out and implement internal or external best practices, to problem-solve in ambiguous situations, and to thoughtfully earn trust
- Exceptionally driven with a insatiable curiosity for business improvement
The expected base salary range for this position is $100k-$125k. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!