Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re excited about growing our Operations team with entry-level Operations Associates who are passionate about our mission to change the retirement Fin-Tech space. At a high level, we’re looking for someone who has insane levels of attention to detail and proven ability of juggling multiple priorities at once. You will be key to powering transactions on the platform and ensuring it runs at full speed.
We’re a startup… so a self-starter mentality comes first and foremost. You are someone who will dive into whatever challenge is placed in front of you, and find creative ways to solve problems.
What will you be doing?
A key component of Vestwell’s mission to empower retirement savings includes effortless plan onboarding and ongoing plan administration. As an Operations Associate, you will monitor and support these processes to ensure that sponsors can provide a 401(k) plan with as little friction as possible.
Day-to-day you will be expected to:
- Maintain and create internal knowledge bases; look for ways to continuously improve existing processes.
- Respond to a high volume of complex operational issues for internal teams and external clients.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in payroll, eligibility, and other related activities, to ensure our data is consistent and accurate.
- Oversee and audit record-keeping and plan administration components.
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of team projects.
- Investigate and reconcile discrepancies in data and remediating accordingly.
- Strong written communication, critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of formal education and work experience.
- Excel proficiency (e.g. you’re a pro at pivot tables and know your way around with VLOOKUPs)
- Comfort working in a start-up environment with a substantial degree of autonomy
- Exceptional analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with productivity tools, especially JIRA
- Experience using SQL
- Knowledge of data structures and navigating databases
The expected base salary range for this position is 55-62k. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!