Senior Account Executive
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are on the hunt for an experienced Account Executive to help us set the standards for identifying and converting new business at Vestwell. You will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious revenue growth objectives by owning and managing the sales cycle in your assigned territory to promote Vestwell’s growth in the direct to business marketplace.
A comfort level with smart business development activity including frequent phone calls and emails, value proposition formatting and positioning, working with channel partners, perfecting constituent databases, qualifying prospects, and closing sales is a must. This role will report directly to the DVP, Payroll and Channel Sales and will partner cross-functionally across Vestwell teams.
As an ideal candidate, you have experience in a business development role in a high-growth environment and have experience building, maintaining, and executing a sales pipeline. You’re exceptional at managing multiple competing priorities and adapting to a flexible and fast-paced environment. We’re a growth stage startup after all. Last, but certainly not least, you’re driven by a fresh perspective and entrepreneurial spirit.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
You will be the main driver for converting organic and sourced leads into retirement plan sales within your sales region. That’s just the base-line. Day to day you will also be expected to:
- Develop a retirement plan sales pipeline in your region through payroll, centers of demand, and other key relationships sourced by the Enterprise Sales team and Regional Directors.
- Convert retirement plan opportunities into sales through a repeatable, scalable process in partnership with your DVP.
- Source organic leads and convert into retirement plan opportunities.
- Manage and deliver on your plan sales and revenue targets
- Be accountable for plan sponsor revenue generation in your region.
- 2+ years in a B2B sales, preferably in retirement, FinTech, payroll, or a similar industry
- Ability to carry a plan sale over the entire sales cycle from prospecting to conversion
- Demonstrated success in achieving sales goals (Rep of the year, Quota club, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for creating a top-notch selling environment and process.
- A hunter with a proven track record of forecasting, and executing new sales through a repeatable and scalable sales process and pipeline.
- Self-starter who can operate well in a collaborative team environment
- Good knowledge of Salesforce, comfort level with other Sales technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, adapt to changing needs, and tackle new challenges daily!
- Startup and/or financial services experience
- Understanding of the defined contribution space a plus!
The expected salary range for this position is 75k- 82k, plus variable. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!