Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking an energetic and reliable professional to join our Legal and Compliance Team as a Paralegal. The successful candidate will be responsible for working directly with our internal business and information security teams by answering incoming emails and calls relating to various legal or compliance questions, utilizing company policies to solve client issues, and escalating and helping to resolve challenges and issues as necessary.
This role will be responsible for providing overall support for the Legal and Compliance Team with various duties including supporting the legal, corporate, and regulatory functions. The successful candidate must be agile, with a demonstrated ability to pivot and manage a workload properly and timely, and able to work as part of a close-knit team in a fast-paced environment of a highly regulated financial services company.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Conducting legal research, preparing reports, and handling information requests.
- Assist in preparing, editing, reviewing, and organizing legal records, legal documents, legal correspondence, and communications.
- Developing and maintaining a Legal Department handbook to facilitate new additions to our team in the future.
- Providing heavy general administrative support for Legal Team including maintaining the Legal Team’s G-drive, updating the Legal Team’s intranet content, serving as the DocuSign point of contact for contract signatures and compilation.
- Managing document-intensive matters and assisting with regulatory audits and examinations.
- Assisting in creating Legal & Compliance presentations for mandatory training sessions.
- In collaboration with other departments, support the day-to-day operations of regulatory compliance and corporate compliance programs and projects.
- Coordinating cross-business unit projects, while taking ownership of and tracking projects through the entire life cycle.
- Partnering with various departments, including the People and Finance teams for various projects as needed.
- Posting and updating communication logs to document changes to client accounts.
- Assisting with third party vendor projects as necessary.
- Minimum of 2 years paralegal experience with an in-house legal department or law firm.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience working with draft and review of non-disclosure agreements (NDA’s), and other related legal documents.
- Must be a collaborative team player with the ability to leverage resources and tools to accomplish objectives.
- Familiarity with SOC audits
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem-solving, and research skills.
- Work experience related to Vendor Management and Oversight
- Ability to exercise good business judgment, discretion, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and positive demeanor.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, proficient with numbers and basic calculations.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and synthesize information quickly and be familiar with G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat, DocuSign, Atlassian applications, and legal research and software applications.
NICE TO HAVES
- NY Notary Public license
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Working knowledge of and experience applying regulatory requirements regarding research data and privacy, including ERISA, BSA, AML and KYC as applied to research
- Experience with participating in audit activities including risk assessments, audit planning, internal control evaluation and continuous follow-ups.
Vestwell values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Vestwell ranges from $60,000-75,000, plus a competitive equity package, and potential to participate in the company bonus pool. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Vestwell offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, a 401(k) plan and contribution, paid time off, and well-being and peripherals stipend.
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!