Finance Manager / Head of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This technology allows a single operator to efficiently control multiple machines simultaneously, delivering substantial benefits to our customers while significantly enhancing operator safety and comfort.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clément, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on several continents and generating revenue.
Teleo is poised for rapid growth. This presents a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is creating a product with a profound impact on our customers, working on cutting-edge 100,000-pound autonomous robots, engineering intricate systems at the intersection of hardware, software, and AI, and joining the early stages of an exciting startup journey.
As the first full time Finance hire at Teleo, you will be responsible for the full scope of accounting and finance. You will design and implement key financial processes and manage the operational execution of those.
We have a need to quickly evolve around inventory, hardware financing and revenue recognition, with other new challenges quickly to follow. Teleo is growing fast and you will have the opportunity to set a path that enables us for scale and growth. You will be very well supported by the executive team who is excited to take on these challenges.
- Manage day-to-day financial operations, including accounting and cash flow management
- Execute on financial transactions, including invoicing, payables, and receivables.
- Implement inventory management and sales into our Quickbooks
- Implement and execute processes on Hardware financing
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Develop and maintain financial models and forecasts
- Assist in setting financial goals, targets, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Prepare and present regular financial reports to senior management and stakeholders
- Communicate financial insights and performance metrics to the team to drive informed decision making.
- Support fundraising activities through financial modeling
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. MBA or relevant professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CMA) is a plus
- Proven experience in financial management
- Proven experience in hardware-related industry
- Strong understanding of financial software and tools
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.