Vehicle Systems Integration, Embedded Firmware
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This technology allows a single operator to efficiently control multiple machines simultaneously, delivering substantial benefits to our customers while significantly enhancing operator safety and comfort.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clément, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on several continents and generating revenue.
Teleo is poised for rapid growth. This presents a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is creating a product with a profound impact on our customers, working on cutting-edge 100,000-pound autonomous robots, engineering intricate systems at the intersection of hardware, software, and AI, and joining the early stages of an exciting startup journey.
About the Role
This role requires the ability to travel a minimum of 25% to construction sites at customer locations.
As a Vehicle Systems Integration Engineer, you will oversee the development, integration, and validation of Teleo technology on new heavy construction equipment. As part of the engineering team, your duty will consist of assessing the modifications required to adapt the Teleo Retrofit Kit to new equipment, implementing those changes, and validating your work on the vehicles.
The best candidate for this role will have a multidisciplinary approach to their work and an acute passion for building reliable and reusable solutions that will contribute to the growth of the company. Candidates should have a proven background in at least one of the following disciplines: electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or embedded firmware.
- Proven ability to zoom quickly from system view to detailed design and back
- Extensive experience troubleshooting complex systems at remote isolated locations and, proposing solutions
- Acute attention to engineering detail
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in remote locationStrong collaboration skills with mechanical, electrical, and software engineers
- Valid driver’s license required to operate vehicles
- PC skills (Gmail suite)
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Electrical engineering or relevant degree with 3+ years of experience developing low-level embedded software C/C++ on microcontrollers
- Experience with protocols such as CAN, I2C, Ethernet, SPI, PWM
- Proficient in C or C++ programming
Preferred Qualification/Bonus Points
- Practical experience with driving/using heavy construction vehicles
- Experience in engineering universal solutions broadly deployable to multiple platforms/construction equipment
- Experience interacting with customers and representing the company
- Extensive experience developing and tracking a full product development cycle: specification, design, verification, and validation
- Startup experience (hands-on + creative thinker with a Get It Done attitude)
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5+ years of hands-on experience developing, qualifying, and deploying safety-critical embedded systems for automotive or space or similar applications using specific RTOSProven experience in managing independently (as an individual contributor and/or technical lead) the development, verification, and validation of an electronics product
- Well-versed in C/C++/Rust for embedded safety-critical applications
- Experience designing HIL (Hardware In the Loop) test benches and production line procedures
- Very familiar with software version control development tools (Github)
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Performance of the position requires working safely and may occasionally require climbing up to elevated surfaces, working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, noise levels, and on a range of outdoor work surfaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus in addition, the position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing.
You may be required to occasionally stand for extended periods, operate tools and controls, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.