Robotics Engineer, Software Integration
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This technology allows a single operator to efficiently control multiple machines simultaneously, delivering substantial benefits to our customers while significantly enhancing operator safety and comfort.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clément, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on several continents and generating revenue.
Teleo is poised for rapid growth. This presents a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is creating a product with a profound impact on our customers, working on cutting-edge 100,000-pound autonomous robots, engineering intricate systems at the intersection of hardware, software, and AI, and joining the early stages of an exciting startup journey.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the end to end software integration of Teleo’s core technology.
The most successful engineer in this role will demonstrate passion for the product and seek customer interaction.
In that capacity, you may expect to travel to customers sites during commissioning phases or for extensive software releases
- Bachelor degree in computer science or similar degree with 4 years of experience
- Strong experience developing in Python and preferably in C++
- Scaling: Proven experience deploying software to remote assets (OTA, instrumentation, fragmentation…)
- Team Player: You are instrumental to the integration of code improvements and new features, you feel very comfortable orchestrating priorities across multiple teams
- Product excellence: You have an acute sensitivity to details and seek product stability
Preferred Qualifications/Bonus Points
- Master’s degree in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience working with autonomous vehicles
- Familiarity with ROS/ROS2
- Strong experience using gstreamer or similar multimedia framework
- Strong experience in wireless networks
- Familiarity with autonomy software and its deployment on embedded systems
- Startup experience (hands-on + creative thinker with a Get It Done attitude)
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.