Senior Mobile Engineer, Android
Five billion people in the world do not have access to safe and affordable surgery, and this is a problem everywhere, not just in developing countries. Proximie is on the mission to save lives by democratizing healthcare through digital transformation; it is harnessing the power of telepresence, content management, and data and insights. Proximie is a rapidly growing, mission-driven health care SaaS platform that can virtually transport a surgeon into any operating room in the world, to remotely view, assist, mentor, or train not only other surgeons but also all healthcare staff and medical interns. Helping scale surgical expertise, from world-renowned hospital theatres to conflict zones, we save lives by sharing the world’s best clinical practice and give every single clinician real-time insight so they can provide optimal patient care to every patient, every time.
Founded in 2016 by Dr. Nadine Hachach Haram an NHS surgeon, Proximie is headquartered in London, has offices in Boston and Lebanon, has over 150 employees, and is deployed in over 50 countries around the world today.
Check out Nadine’s Origins Story here: https://www.proximie.com/about-us/
We are looking for a passionate Android Engineer who is experienced with the full Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC), MVI, change management, CI/CD, App Releases, Jetpack Compose and Wearables Development.
If you do not meet all of the below (i.e. programming languages, etc) and believe you can make a difference we’d love to hear from you. The team provides a lot of autonomy in this role and proactiveness is encouraged. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
- Create, migrate, and maintain new features/systems.
- Define with the team next goals and priorities.
- Be part of and run ticket refinements, retros, dailies and pair programming sessions.
- Show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Reinforce development best practices for quality assurance, security, and deployment.
- Instill and drive a delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun hardworking workplace.
- Contribute to research and the design of new systems.
- Kanban know-how.
- MVI architecture experience.
- Jetpack Compose.
- Strong experience in Kotlin and Test-driven development (TDD).
- Recent experience in developing and deploying Android applications.
- A strong background as a Mobile Engineer.
- Strong experience in Android testing. Unit, Integration and UI tests (Journey and E2E)
- Strong experience in Git, Git Flow, and other code management tools.
- Experience integrating REST API’s and Socket based systems.
- Experience with MQTT.
- Experience in Continuous integration tools, specifically GitHub Actions and Fastlane.
- Experience in backlog management, code reviews, pull-requests and paired programming.
- Near fluent English speaking, reading, and writing ability.
Desired Skills but not Mandatory
- Experience with WebRTC, streaming video, audio, and video codecs.
- Experience with Wearable tech, Smart glasses, AR, VR and Mixed Reality platforms.
- Experience working within regulatory compliance framework e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, ISO 27001, SOC-2.
Why Work for Proximie?
- You will be encouraged to grow in your role, take ownership and gain responsibilities.
- Generous annual leave.
- Two “well-being” days per year plus the day off for your birthday.
- “Summer Fridays” – early office closing on Fridays during summer months.
- Bi-annual bonus programme – based on individual contribution.
- To support your professional growth, all permanent employees will have access to an annual stipend of $1,000 to assist with personal development activities.
- Flexible working hours - we trust our people to manage their time and to focus on wider results.
- A flat organizational structure where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated, and innovation is encouraged.
- Proximie is a truly global company with teams across the UK, Europe, United States, Middle East, and Australia - with that you will have opportunities to see the world.
Proximie is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the law.