Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
We're looking for a Communications Specialist to join our growing Communications team. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Communications, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and conveying the narrative of our company both internally and externally. In this dynamic position, you will lead the development and execution of comprehensive communication strategies, fostering a positive and informed environment for our employees while also ensuring that our external messaging aligns with BenchSci's vision and goals.
You are a PR professional who thinks like a journalist, crafting compelling stories that resonate with our audiences. Your top-notch writing skills, coupled with your ability to simplify complex topics will be instrumental in developing and executing earned and owned media strategies to drive awareness, affinity, and engagement. You will collaborate cross-functionally to enhance BenchSci's brand reputation and maintain consistent communication channels. At BenchSci, we prioritize strategy before tactics, and we invite you to be a key player in our mission to accelerate drug discovery.
- External Communications:
- Develop and execute external communications strategies that enhance BenchSci's brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Craft compelling press releases, blog posts, social posts, and other content to communicate BenchSci’s achievements, partnerships, and milestones.
- Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, including journalists and key opinion formers.
- Build and manage media playbooks and lists, respond to media inquiries, monitor the biotech and pharmaceutical news landscapes, and identify thought leadership and expert contributions in relevant industry publications.
- Manage the company's website and social media presence.
- Research and draft speaking opportunities and award submissions.
- Internal Communications:
- Develop and execute internal communication strategies to keep employees informed, engaged, and aligned with BenchSci's mission and company-wide goals.
- Curate content for various stakeholders and internal channels.
- Develop content for company-wide events, fostering transparency and shared purpose.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments and teams, including talent, the Office of the CEO, Product Marketing, and more to ensure consistency across all communications.
- Provide communication support for various departments, ensuring a cohesive and integrated approach.
- 3-5 years of communications experience, preferably in a SaaS, startup, or biotech environment.
- Excellent writing skills, especially in press releases, blog posts, and media briefing docs.
- Experience tracking communications analytics, interpreting value and ROI.
- Reputation for working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and building relationships with journalists and publications.
- The drive for excellence and an eye for details.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and drive communication initiatives independently.
- A proactive mindset that anticipates communication needs, identifies opportunities and takes decisive actions to stay ahead of the curve. A growth mindset and drive for learning and improving.
- Passion for making a positive impact on the world and for science.
- Considered a plus: in-depth knowledge and understanding of the life sciences industry, with a proven track record of effectively communicating complex scientific topics to diverse audiences.
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
A robust vacation policy plus an additional vacation day every year
Company closures for 14 more days throughout the year
Flex time for sick days, personal days, and religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
Annual learning & development budget
A one-time home office set-up budget to use upon joining BenchSci
An annual lifestyle spending account allowance
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
The ability to save for your retirement coupled with a company match!
BenchSci's mission is to exponentially increase the speed and quality of life-saving research and development. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by Generation Investment Management, TCV, Inovia, F-Prime, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.