Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
Adela’s mission is to develop innovative and accessible technologies that harness biology and change the way we diagnose and treat disease. Adela’s genome-wide methylation enrichment technology was originally developed by Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Daniel De Carvalho, PhD, at University Health Network’s Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Adela is initially planning to develop the technology for use across the entire cancer continuum—for detection, diagnosis, and management of disease.
Under the direction of the SVP, General Counsel and Secretary the HRBP will partner with cross-functional teams and leaders to develop HR strategies focused on talent acquisition, organizational development, talent management, talent planning and employee engagement across the Adela organization. You will build upon and rely on your HR functional expertise and effectiveness to align critical human resources principles with business objectives.
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities:
· Assists with the development and administration of programs procedures and guidelines to support Corporate HR and Business priorities.
· Lead the effective implementation of HR plans and initiatives across assigned client groups to ensure achievement of objectives.
· Partner with business leaders in developing plans that optimize organizational design, business planning and employee development & engagement.
· Lead all talent acquisition operations
· Guide, counsel and administer the performance management process from goal setting to reviews.
· Provide guidance on compensation decisions.
· Investigate complaints including disciplinary actions, employee complaints, and employee relations.
· Support various D&I initiatives, Leaves, Immigration and Talent Calibration.
· HR Acumen and Collaboration: Understands and appropriately applies HR solutions guidelines policies and underlying philosophies.
· Employment/labor law and policy acumen to problem solve and coach employees and managers.
· Influence/coaching skills: Influence and coach people managers to drive higher engagement and performance.
· Project management: must have project management skills to create high level plans implement and monitor progress.
· Data Analytics: understand how to pull consolidate from multiple sources analyze and make recommendations.
· Issue Spotting and Investigation: Effectively ID and disposition ER issues and conduct investigations and negotiated exits.
· Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
· 10+ years of demonstrated experience in HR or related areas.
Years of Experience:
o 10+ years
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, allowing you to convey messages clearly and persuasively.
· The ability to influence and collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization, driving change and achieving results.
· Strong prioritization skills, enabling you to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
· Proven leadership skills, empowering you to inspire and motivate teams to achieve their full potential.
· The capacity to find the right balance between demand and capacity, effectively establishing organizational priorities.
· Authenticity and ability communicate at all levels within the organization.