Head of Customer Success
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
Who we are
Zus is a shared health data platform designed to accelerate healthcare data interoperability by providing easy-to-use patient data via API, embedded components, and direct EHR integrations. Founded in 2021 by Jonathan Bush, co-founder and former CEO of athenahealth, Zus partners with HIEs and other data networks to aggregate patient clinical history and then translates that history into user-friendly information at the point of care. Zus's mission is to catalyze healthcare's greatest inventors by maximizing the value of patient insights - so that they can build up, not around.
We are looking for a hands-on and knowledgeable healthtech leader that is eager to jump into and build a Customer Success function at a growing healthcare data platform startup. As Head of Customer Success at Zus, you will be responsible for leading and optimizing the Customer Success function, with a primary focus on enterprise Value-based Care customers. The successful candidate will drive customer satisfaction, retention, and growth by implementing effective strategies, processes, and metrics. This person will partner with all parts of the organization to ensure our customers are highly engaged and growing their usage of the Zus Aggregated Profile.
This role will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and will build and lead a team as Zus grows. We're a remote first company and this person should be comfortable in a hybrid setup where they are either coming into our Boston office or traveling in on a regular basis.
As part of our early team, you will be asked to:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive customer success process and strategy aligned with company objectives
- Build and nurture strong relationships with key enterprise customers, ensuring their needs are met and exceeded
- Define and track key metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of customer engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, particularly sales, to align with overall company Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), contributing to the achievement of broader organizational goals
- Develop and enhance customer success processes to ensure efficiency, scalability, and a seamless customer experience
- Collaborate with other Zus teams to identify opportunities for upselling, cross-selling, and expanding key accounts while owning customer growth metrics
- Own the overall Zus revenue number and ensure steady growth, not just by the addition of new customers but by the continued growth of existing customer usage of Zus
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitive landscapes, and emerging technologies to inform how we serve our customers
- Cultivate customer advocates by identifying success stories, testimonials, and references to showcase Zus Health's impact on their organizations
- Perform other tasks as assigned
You're a good fit for this because you have:
- Proven experience in a senior-level Customer Success leadership role, preferably leading teams
- Proven experience in an account management or customer success function within a healthcare technology setting, with a focus on value-based care companies
- Demonstrated success in managing enterprise-level customer relationships and growing key accounts
- Track record of implementing and optimizing customer success processes
- Analytical mindset with the ability to derive insights from customer data
- Strong understanding of healthcare industry dynamics, regulations, and market trends
- Ability to hit and exceed targets in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication, leadership and collaboration skills
- Passion for improving healthcare in the US
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field; MBA is a plus
We will offer you…
• Competitive compensation that reflects the value you bring to the team a combination of cash and equity
• Robust benefits that include health insurance, wellness benefits, 401k with a match, unlimited PTO
• Opportunity to work alongside a passionate team that is determined to help change the world (and have fun doing it)
Please Note: Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current healthcare system with their unique experiences.
We do not conduct interviews by text nor will we send you a job offer unless you've interviewed with multiple people, including the Director of People & Talent, over video interviews. Job scams do exist so please be careful with your personal information.