Product Manager, Data Operations
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
Who we are
Zus Health is an early stage startup focused on accelerating digital health builders with a platform of healthcare-oriented, API-first services. We believe that now is the time for healthcare to change in this country and that modern technology infrastructure will help unleash that change. Our first customers are innovative and hungry digital health startups. We're led by athenahealth's co-founder, Jonathan Bush, and a seasoned leadership team.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a hands-on, technical and healthcare-savvy product manager that is eager to jump into a rapidly scaling healthcare platform startup. As a Product Manager within Data Operations at Zus, you will be responsible for leading the development and enhancement of data acquisition products and interfaces.
As part of our early team you will be responsible for
- Product Management: Act as the Product Manager for one of the Data Acquisition teams, defining and prioritizing requirements for data connectors and other data acquisition interfaces such as patient history API, CDA/HL7/claims ingestion endpoints
- Sprint Management: Collaborate closely with the engineering team to manage sprints, ensuring that development efforts align with product goals and timelines including the entire release lifecycle, from planning to deployment
- Partner Manager: Collaborate with our external partners to ensure we’re meeting deadlines and staying on our roadmap
- Data Reporting: Collaborate with Commercial team to proactively address data-related concerns including developing customer dashboards, metrics, and reports tailored to customer use cases
- Data Quality: Maintain metrics on data quality and explore opportunities to improve data coverage and accuracy
- Customer Feedback: Continuously iterate on data products based on customer feedback, actively seeking input from users to enhance usability and coverage
- Issue Investigation: Examine customer-reported and internally identified issues that require data such as changes in encounter volume, appointment duplication or patient progress issues
You're a good fit because you have
- Prior experience in product or project management, including working closely with engineering teams, defining requirements, and managing the release process
- Familiarity with healthcare data standards and formats, with a strong interest in this domain
- Enthusiasm about exploring and analyzing data using SQL and business intelligence (BI) tools
- Experience building interfaces with RESTful APIs and/or FHIR/C-CDA/HL7 message structures
- Experience investigating data trends, answering questions, and proactively improving data quality
- Empathetic approach to customers that allows you to relate to and build trust with both our direct users (digital health engineers) and their customers (patients and providers)
- Clear communication style that allows you to craft nuanced messaging to win over teammates, leadership, and the market
- A self-starter attitude that shows that you are ready for the fast, and sometimes unstructured, nature of an early startup
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for this role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page. We’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
We will offer you…
• Competitive compensation that reflects the value you bring to the team a combination of cash and equity
• Robust benefits that include health insurance, wellness benefits, 401k with a match, unlimited PTO
• Opportunity to work alongside a passionate team that is determined to help change the world (and have fun doing it)
Note: We do not conduct interviews by text nor will we send you a job offer unless you've interviewed with multiple people, including the Director of People & Talent, over video interviews. Job scams do exist so please be careful with your personal information.