Medical Director Launch
WelbeHealth’s PACE (All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program provides seniors with the opportunity to continue living in their homes and in their communities. Our innovative and comprehensive range of medical services is what ignites our passion to treat the whole person and not the symptoms! We employ a collaborative interdisciplinary team (IDT) approach to evaluate and guide participant care, which is key to WelbeHealth’s values, team culture, and mission.
Our PACE program serves as our patients’ health insurer as well as directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in their communities. The Medical Director, Launch is responsible for launch clinical strategies and execution for new PACE programs. The Medical Director, Launch will have ownership of the clinical launch strategy, playbook, planning and execution of new facilities. Oversight of new site launches until ready for hand-off to the market clinical team. Management and direction for a team of clinical launch operators to complete all key steps related to launch. The Medical Director, Launch will also collaborate with central operations and support teams to execute the plan. The Medical Director, Launch is a member of the WelbeHealth leadership team and facilitates collaborative relationships across WelbeHealth teams and with external stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee overall clinical launch strategy and execution for new PACE programs.
- Own new program pre-launch, launch and immediate post-launch before hand-off to the ongoing market leadership.
- Lead ongoing development and improvement of clinical launch playbook including standardized processes, tools, collaborate with clinical onboarding services and metrics for efficient launch operations.
- Accountable to reporting updates for new site launches
- Assume accountability and responsibility for the medical care of WelbeHealth participants, overseeing the medical service team to promote quality and outcome goals within any of the WelbeHealth new and existing markets whenever necessary.
- Participate in the WelbeHealth executive management team to provide planning, budgeting, and oversight leadership for WelbeHealth.
- Recruit, train and supervise (including PACE orientation and competency testing) PACE Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Community-Based PACE Physicians and other contracted medical staff.
- Develop and implement clinic staffing and 24-hour on-call schedule.
- Develop and maintain written standards, uniform treatment policies and procedures – and review all medical policies at least annually.
- Support development of innovative care pathways for complex conditions to enhance quality of life for participants and improve value for WelbeHealth.
- When utilization problems are identified, research best practices and work with clinical staff and the IDT to make appropriate procedural and or operational changes and align utilization with established PACE best practices.
- Identify opportunities for clinical and health care delivery research and innovation which will enhance the geriatric leadership role of WelbeHealth.
- Exercises flexibility in performing assignments as business needs evolve.
- Successful completion of a residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- Doctorate Degree.
- Board Certification – Internal Medicine or Family Practice or Geriatrics
- Obtain Physician Licenses in all states that WelbeHealth has active centers.
- State CDS Certification and DEA Registration.
- Relevant management experience, preferably in clinical operations setting involved in launching new health facilities.
- Two years’ supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Track record of driving initiatives that lead to improved patient experience, health, and value.
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth: apply your clinical expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Work/life balance - we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually, and sick time
- 401 K savings + match
- Advancement opportunities - we’ve got a track record of hiring and promoting from within, meaning you can create your own path!
- CME and Paid Time Away
- Equity grants – typically reserved for executives, we want all team members to celebrate our success as a rapidly scaling company
- Malpractice and Tail Insurance
- And additional benefits
Salary/Wage base range for this role is $300,000 - $330,000 + Bonus + Equity. WelbeHealth offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all our employees and proof of vaccination, or a vaccine declination form will be required prior to employment. WelbeHealth maintains required infection control and PPE standards and has requirements relevant to all team members regarding vaccinations.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams