Director, External Affairs
At WelbeHealth, we serve our communities’ most vulnerable seniors through shared intention, pioneering spirit, and courage to love. WelbeHealth embodies these values as we grow and revolutionize the PACE care model.
Reporting to the VP of Government Affairs, the Director of External Affairs is accountable for cultivating and maintaining meaningful relationships with associations, nonprofits, and other organizations, in addition to implementing an overall political engagement strategy. The Director of External Affairs is a member of the WelbeHealth leadership team and facilitates collaborative relationships both across WelbeHealth teams and with external stakeholders to promote WelbeHealth’s values, team culture, and mission.
Essential Job Duties:
- Build and oversee association relationships such as PACE trade associations, local government associations, and other health and business-related associations
- Create and maintain WelbeHealth engagement and points of contact, such as committee membership, for associations
- Plan, host, and coordinate programs, presentations, and events at trade association events that showcase the mission and values of WelbeHealth
- Represent WelbeHealth at major trade association conferences and political events
- Coordinate with community engagement and sales teams on grassroot efforts and new center openings
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; relevant professional experience may be substituted
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in politics or government relations
- Experience directing a Political Action Committee (PAC), corporate giving program, or other structured strategic political support program
- Experience collaborating with trade or member organizations preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years in a leadership role, with demonstrated knowledge of how to mentor and develop team members
- Experience with multiple of the following preferred:
- Overseeing sponsorship opportunities with associations and non-proftis
- Event and meeting planning management
- Campaign work
- Legislative experience
- Independent expenditure campaigns
- PAC Management
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth: Apply your expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will find the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Work/life balance - we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually, and sick time
- 401 K savings + match
- Additional benefits
Salary/Wage base range for this role is $147,000.00 - $180,000.00 + Bonus + Equity. WelbeHealth offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all our employees and proof of vaccination, or a vaccine declination form will be required prior to employment. WelbeHealth maintains required infection control and PPE standards and has requirements relevant to all team members regarding vaccinations.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams