Home Care Assistant
At WelbeHealth, we like to do things a little differently. We go the extra mile and make a difference in our participants’ lives. Our Home Care Assistants are a vital part of our team, by providing aid to our participants in their homes, as well as contributing to the care planning process as an equal part of our interdisciplinary team (IDT). We are driven to offer the best care for our participants and provide a positive work environment for our team.
Reporting to the Home Care Supervisor, the Home Care Assistant will provide safe delivery of personal care services to WelbeHealth participants in their homes, as scheduled and directed
Essential Job Duties:
- The Caregiver will provide hands-on personal care and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) to WelbeHealth participants, in their homes, including but not limited to bathing, dressing, grooming, dressing, toileting, and physical lifting when transferring participants
- Assist participants with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs), including but not limited to laundry, light housekeeping, shopping, etc.
- Measure and document participants’ vital signs as instructed
- Aid with light meal preparation and feeding in participants’ homes, ensuring participants are nourished and hydrated
- Help participants with safe transfer in and out of their homes, and act as medical escort on vehicles and to medical appointments as assigned
- As a Caregiver, you will assist the Rehabilitation department by carrying out a home exercise program as indicated in the care plan developed by the IDT, after sufficient training
- Provide translation services as needed, if qualified
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification or Home Health Aide (HHA) certification preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Must be registered with Home Care Registry prior to start date
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth Apply your caregiving expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
- Work/life balance – we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually, and sick time
- 401 K savings + match
- Full-time work available
- Mileage reimbursement
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- And additional benefits
Salary/Wage base range for this role is $17.30 - $22.05 + Bonus + Equity. WelbeHealth offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams