VP, Government Affairs
WelbeHealth is a value-based healthcare organization that’s transforming the future of senior care by providing an all-inclusive care option to our most vulnerable senior population. We step in as the care provider and care planner that work to keep our participants within their communities, out of institutions, and cared for like family, all while receiving the healthcare and social services needed to thrive.
As we continue to expand our services to both our existing and future markets, our VP, Government Affairs will play a critical role in creating strategies around cultivating effective relationships with regulators, elected officials, and member associations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead the WelbeHealth government affairs function nationally and in all relevant states
- Develop and implement an effective federal and state engagement strategy that results in outstanding relationships with regulators and elected officials
- Direct government affairs advocacy efforts to facilitate timely approvals of PACE applications, resolve regulatory issues for operating PACE programs, and influence policy changes that support the WelbeHealth mission
- Build a proactive strategy to maintain a high level of situational awareness on policy matters, identifying risks and opportunities for WelbeHealth
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with key external stakeholders including trade associations, other healthcare entities/associations, PACE organizations, workgroups, advocacy groups, relevant consumer groups, etc.
- Identify, oversee, and effectively leverage WelbeHealth lobbyists, consultants, or other resources, to achieve WelbeHealth’s advocacy goals
- Collaborate proactively with cross-functional departments such as growth, strategy, business development, compliance, marketing, community partnerships, health plan operations, and program operations
- Master’s degree in public policy or relevant field (professional experience may be substituted)
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience engaging with state regulators or elected officials required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a leader in healthcare, eldercare, or human services policy required
- Direct experience with State Medicaid programs and/or Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services required
- Ability to travel to Washington D.C., state capitals, and WelbeHealth markets
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience with the demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth: Apply your expertise in meaningful ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Total compensation includes base, bonus, and equity
- Work/life balance – we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually, sick time
- And additional benefits
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams