Psychiatrist Medical Director
Psychiatrist Medical Director - Behavioral Health Director
(CA license Required)
WelbeHealth PACE (All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program provides seniors with the opportunity to continue living in their homes and communities. Our comprehensive range of medical services is what ignites our passion to treat the whole person and not the symptoms. We employ a collaborative interdisciplinary team (IDT) approach to evaluate and guide participant care, which is key to WelbeHealth’s values, team culture, and mission.
At the direction of the Medical Director, the Behavioral Health Medical Director drives and oversees behavioral health care delivery to WelbeHealth participants with behavioral health concerns. The Behavioral Health Medical Director is accountable for the development, maintenance, and oversight of the WelbeHealth behavioral health program, protocols, and medical policies of the business unit pertaining to behavioral health related issues and care delivery. This is to ensure the appropriate care is received by participants with a behavioral health diagnosis in collaboration with central and market level leadership and team members.
- Guide Behavioral Health Providers and Behavioral Health Specialists, provide leadership among staff, colleagues, and providers in the community, as well as oversee the contracted BH specialty network of services
- Provide direct care as a PACE Psychiatrist to participants with complex behavioral health conditions, and in collaboration with PACE Providers and IDT team, co-manage those participants in a holistic way
- Oversee and provide clinical leadership for team members involved in care delivery for participants with a primary behavioral health diagnosis enterprise wide.
- Perform medical review activities pertaining to utilization review, quality assurance, and medical review of complex, controversial, or experimental medical services
- Direct medical quality improvement activities in relation to meeting the behavioral health needs of participants
- Coordinate the care of participants who have complex behavioral health needs, including but not limited to those admitted to institutional settings with Primary Care Provider, various members of IDT and Complex Care team, as well as external providers at the inpatient or skilled settings to ensure smooth transitions of care and optimize participant outcomes
- Assist Chief Medical Director in planning and establishing goals and policies to improve quality, cost-effectiveness, and outcomes of care and service for participants with behavioral health conditions
- Support effective implementation of performance improvement initiatives for network providers in collaboration with network team, and participate in provider network development and new market expansion as appropriate
- Successful completion of a residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Master’s degree/ Doctorate degree
- Board Certification – Psychiatry required
- Board Certification – Geriatrics Psychiatry, Substance Use Disorder Preferred
- Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Psychiatry
- Active CA State Physician License without Restrictions
- Minimum of two (2) years of managed care experience, preferably experience caring for geriatric, underserved, and complex participant population
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth: Apply your provider expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Work/life balance - we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually and sick time
- 401 K savings + match
- Advancement opportunities - we’ve got a track record of hiring and promoting from within, meaning you can create your own path!
- CME and Paid Time Away
- Equity grants – typically reserved for executives, we want all team members to celebrate our success as a rapidly scaling company
- Malpractice and Tail Insurance
- And additional benefits
Salary/Wage base range for this role is $272,800 - $291,200 + Bonus + Equity. WelbeHealth offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams
Something looks off?