The WelbeHealth PACE program helps seniors stay in their homes and communities by providing medical care and community-based services. Our values and participant focus lead the way no matter what. The Medical Assistant will elevate their clinical experience, working closely with providers and our participants.
The Medical Assistant focuses on assisting the medical staff (providers, nurses, and on-site specialty care providers) in the provision of safe and efficient delivery of medical services at the WelbeHealth clinic. The Medical Assistant also performs routine administrative and clinical duties such as scheduling medical appointments, greeting participants, filing medical records, taking and recording vital signs, preparing exam rooms, and maintaining equipment supplies.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepare the participants for their appointments, including but not limited to setting up exam rooms, checking participants in and out, obtaining an accurate history of present illness, etc.
- Perform required pre-exam physical tests, like measuring and documenting participants’ vital signs
- Perform general medical procedures, such as dressing changes and suture removal as directed, and under specific authorization and supervision of a physician
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens as ordered and perform routine sterilization procedures of medical and dental equipment
- Maintain clinic logs and ensure exam rooms are properly stocked, sanitized, and re-prepped for participant encounters at all times
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Certification by a Medical Assistant Certifying Organization approved by the State Medical Board, preferred
- Two (2) years of Medical Assistant experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth: Apply your clinical expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
- Work/life balance –we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually, sick time
- 401K savings + match
- Full-time work available
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- And additional benefits
Salary/Wage base range for this role is $19.29 - $23.15 + Bonus + Equity. WelbeHealth offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams
Something looks off?