Government Affairs Leader
WelbeHealth is a value-based healthcare organization that’s on a mission to transform the future of senior care and provide an all-inclusive care option to our most vulnerable senior population. We step in as the care provider and care planner that work to keep our participants within their communities, out of institutions, and cared for like family, all while receiving the healthcare and social services needed to thrive.
As we continue to expand our life-giving care services to both our existing and future markets, our Government Affairs team plays a critical role in developing & sustaining meaningful relationships with regulators, elected officials, and other influential stakeholders.
Essential Job Duties:
· Spearhead the WelbeHealth government affairs function for assigned geography
· Develop and implement an effective engagement strategy that results in outstanding relationships with elected officials and administration staff in designated states · Oversee and leverage WelbeHealth contract staff, including lobbyists and consultants
· Direct advocacy efforts to facilitate resolution of legislative and regulatory issues
· Communicate WelbeHealth’s policy priorities in order to achieve WelbeHealth’s Government Affairs department goals and initiatives
· Track, synthesize, and communicate internally relevant government policy changes (laws, regulations, guidance) impacting WelbeHealth PACE to internal stakeholders
· Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience engaging with state legislators, legislative and committee staff, and/or administrative appointees and staff within the healthcare industry
· Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience independently handling legislative bills, budget proposals, and/or administration policy or budget efforts from initial conception through completion
· Strong public policy writing experience required
· Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
· Must reside on the West Coast (California required) with the willingness to travel based on business needs
· Government affairs work experience within the healthcare industry required
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth: Apply your expertise in meaningful ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
· Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
· Work/life balance – we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually, sick time
· Advancement opportunities - We’ve got a track record of hiring and promoting from within, meaning you can create your own path!
· And additional benefits
Salary/Wage base range for this role is $147,000- $184,000 annually + Bonus + Equity. WelbeHealth offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams
Something looks off?