Vendr helps people buy and sell software without friction. As the creator and leader of the SaaS buying category, Vendr has saved companies millions of dollars across tens of thousands of software purchases.
If you're eager to advance in your career and are committed to establishing a fair and transparent software purchasing ecosystem supported by top-notch data, you’ve come to the right place.
Our headquarters is in Boston, Mass., with locations in Charleston, S.C and London, England. We have over 250 employees globally who work both in-person and remotely.
At Vendr, our culture serves our team to deliver their best work. We prioritize being data-driven and transparent in our approach, focusing on velocity. We believe in doing what's right, not prioritizing who is right. We cultivate a curious mindset to seek out the truth and share data with those who can benefit.
Above all, kindness is at the core of our culture, where generosity and consideration for others are highly valued. In everything we do, honesty and transparency are paramount, as they're essential in building trust with our customers and one another.
→ Learn more about our values.
Since 2019, we have:
Managed billions in software spend on behalf of our customers
Saved hundreds of millions of dollars for our customers across tens of thousands of software negotiations
Provided our customers with unprecedented visibility into their software stacks, enabling them to identify opportunities for improvement and cost savings
Utilized our industry-leading data to make the SaaS buying process more clear, transparent and accessible
Assisted our customers in developing a data-driven approach to SaaS purchasing
Collaborated with professionals in finance, IT, procurement, and department heads to enhance their process maturity and modernize their business processes
We want you to join us on our mission to fix how companies buy SaaS. We want to hear from you if you're looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact, solve interesting challenges, and help hundreds of customers. Join Vendr's pioneering teams and help transform how companies discover, purchase, and manage software.
As the Legal Intern, you will work with the in-house legal team to assist in all legal aspects of Vendr. Vendr' legal department is looking for support on a variety of Legal initiatives that would provide valuable experience to anyone with interest in a corporate and/or legal environment. The position provides an outstanding opportunity to work in an in-house legal department of a dynamic company. The role will be a part-time position (~15 hours per week during school), with flexibility on when the hours get completed. Boston Local Candidates only - Required
- The candidate will help address the novel and complex legal and business issues that confront a rapidly growing company, while obtaining first-class business and legal experience.
- The Candidate will be responsible for tasks in several areas, including but not limited to, contract law, general corporate law, general litigation matters, and various administrative tasks.
- Draft, review and coordinate commercial team in transactional matters and contract drafting
- Work on all aspects of the litigation process from case inception through case closure including assisting with case management and research
- Advise internal business, marketing, and public relations teams on compliance with various legal regimes both specific to the daily fantasy sports and regulated gaming industries, and generally affecting all businesses, including, but not limited to, consumer protection and other marketing laws
- Assist internal and external corporate counsel with diligence, research, and negotiation of corporate transactions
- Research and analyze procedural and legal issues
- Investigate factual issues pertaining to claims and work closely with business units across the organization to properly defend and/or prosecute matters
- Respond promptly to requests for legal review from all departments
- Assist in other projects and tasks as directed by the legal team as needed.
JD Candidate currently in law school at an ABA accredited institution and with excellent academic credentials
- Must be commercially minded and able to view legal issues in light of business priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation, contract drafting, and communication skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure with keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to act decisively; and able to provide quick, concise, and practice advice consistent with Vendr's business objectives
- Able to advise and where necessary problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressive as possible
- Possess the ability to interact effectively with other attorneys and employees, senior executives, opposing counsel and outside client personnel
- Superior ability to analyze complex business and legal issues, exceptional judgment, outstanding interpersonal skills, a teamwork-oriented attitude, strong initiative, and proven ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk and to exercise sound legal judgment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of relationship and management skills
- Must be team-oriented and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a solution-oriented approach to legal issues; and a sense of humor and positive can-do attitude
- Boston Local Candidates only - Required
- We’re a disruptor - we’re changing the way SaaS is purchased and managed
- We have the right value proposition at this time, (we save companies time and money and help them grow efficiently)
- We’re a startup with durable growth
- We have great people and a strong culture, (check out our values here)
- Competitive pay & benefits **applicable to U.S. employees, ask our team for details on our International benefits**
- Medical, Dental, Vision with company paid premiums
- HSA contribution
- Flexible/unlimited PTO
- 12 paid company holidays in addition to PTO
- 4% 401k matching
- WFH stipend
- Education & wellness reimbursement
- All Mac environment