Human Resources Director
Turnstone Biologics (“Turnstone”), a privately held clinical stage biotech company, is developing breakthrough cancer immunotherapies by advancing two leading and complementary platforms that drive innate and adaptive tumor immunity, to provide benefit to the millions of cancer patients underserved by current treatment options. Turnstone’s proprietary vaccinia virus platform is engineered to drive coordinated immune activation, potent viral activity, and local expression of encoded therapeutics. The innovative Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes TIL cell therapy platform leverages clinically validated treatment protocols and has been specifically designed to extend beyond the use of bulk TILs to enrich for the most relevant T-cells for tumor eradication, preserving broad antigen diversity and minimizing time to treatment for patients.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision-making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
The Human Resources Director is responsible for developing and executing human resources programs and initiatives in support of the overall business plan and strategic directions for the organization. Works with all levels of management on the implementation and administration of human resources activities including, but not limited to: recruitment, performance management, employee relations, training and development, compensation and benefits.
· Partners with CFO and management team to ensure alignment. between strategic plan and human resources initiatives.
· Assesses and anticipates HR-related business needs, by developing, planning and delivering HR programs and services.
· Spearheads recruitment and hiring efforts to secure a diverse, talented and mission-focused workforce.
· Provides leadership in developing and supporting a global organizational culture that supports sustained organizational performance and motivates and retains staff.
· Guides leaders in the decisions/processes concerning promotions, compensation adjustments, transfers, terminations, recruitment and staffing.
· Manages employee relations matters and provides employee and management, coaching and counseling with objectivity and professionalism.
· Develops and administers performance management and appraisal programs.
· Manages and participates in the development compensation and benefit plans. Works with CFO and outside benefits consultant to negotiate benefit programs.
· Maintains the salary and compensation databases.
· Prepares HR analyses and reports for management.
· Develops, updates, and communicates HR policies and procedures that are consistent with organizational values and legal compliance.
· Keeps up-to-date on existing and emerging workplace, wage, and benefits laws and regulations.
· Reviews HR policies on an ongoing basis and proposes updates and additions as appropriate.
· Performs additional human resources duties and responsibilities as directed.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Human Resources or related subject, or equivalent education or experience required.
· Ten (10) years of experience in Human Resources, with knowledge of broad spectrum of HR functions.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships.
· Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and requirements for compliance and reporting.
· Strong organizational, time-management skills and customer service skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Ability to deal with HR matters in confidential, objective and professional manner.
· Experience in life sciences sector is preferred.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $160,000 - $200,000.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.