Project Manager, Senior
TraceLink’s software solutions and Opus Platform help the pharmaceutical industry digitize their supply chain and enable greater compliance, visibility, and decision making. It reduces disruption to the supply of medicines to patients who need them, anywhere in the world.
Founded in 2009 with the simple mission of protecting patients, today Tracelink has 8 offices, over 800 employees and more than 1300 customers in over 60 countries around the world. Our expanding product suite continues to protect patients and now also enhances multi-enterprise collaboration through innovative new applications such as MINT.
Tracelink is recognized as an industry leader by Gartner and IDC, and for having a great company culture by Comparably.
Here at TraceLink, we’ve built the world's largest cloud-based network that is eliminating a $75 billion counterfeit drug problem that leads to 200,000 – 1 million deaths every year, and improving the quality of human life by delivering medicines to people everywhere in the safest, most secure, and most timely manner possible. We build world class solutions that usher in precision, agility and the visibility necessary for high performance digital supply chains to thrive in a constantly evolving environment. TraceLink’s Opus Digital Network Platform, and the applications built on the platform, enables companies to ensure every patient gets the medicines they need, when they need them, safely and securely. In today’s world of unpredictable supply chain disruptions, we bring hundreds of thousands of pharmaceutical companies, locations, and healthcare organizations closer to their patients on our digital supply network, including 16 of the top-20 pharmaceutical companies that trust us to help them manufacture and deliver safe, secure medicines to the patients who need them anywhere in the world.
Are you a game changer and experienced professional looking for engaging and purposeful work? Then join us on our mission to Network for the Greater Good.
TraceLink is seeking a full time Technical Project Manager to be responsible for driving and improving TraceLink’s end-to-end Product Development Lifecycle. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to shepherd our ever increasing family of cloud-based solutions from discovery to release and maintenance, while balancing customer delivery requirements against available resources and risk.
You will serve as a person who liaises and influences cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Architecture, Operations, Security, Business Management, Services, and Marketing peers to drive company results. In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the business and how all of the pieces come together from different stakeholder perspectives, toward common goals.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of continually exceeding expectations, delivering at the highest level of quality, seeing opportunity where others see challenges, and operating with a customer-centric focus.
What will you be doing?
This position is responsible for…
- Prepare project plans and collaborate with highly-technical stakeholders (Engineering, Product Management, Architecture, Security, Cloud Operations, etc.)
- Monitor progress of projects and report status, plans, and issues to executive management
- Operate cross functionally in an agile environment to support the delivery of comprehensive on-time, high quality products and solutions
- Hands on release coordination, ensuring predictability and quality of application, solution and platform deployments
- Work with other members of the product management organization to ensure new functionality and fixes are being evaluated and prioritized in a timely manner
- Develop and implement strategies to minimize schedule and technical risk
- Document processes and procedures for use and educate team members to ensure consistency across the team members
- Engage internal stakeholders across multiple organizations to identify opportunities to improve processes/productivity, drive improvements, and increase awareness
In this role you will…
- Manage Risks, Timelines, Schedules, Resource Availability, Dependencies, Delivery Dates and Communication.
- Partner with executive decision-makers and stakeholders to deliver success and help our customers achieve the desired business value
- Partner with internal teams (Product Management, User Experience, Technical Communications, Services, Support, Engineering, and Executive Sponsors) to ensure coordination and alignment leveraging all necessary parties to ensure our success
- Apply TraceLink product, business process, methodology & ecosystem knowledge to drive effective projects
- Proactively build and expand business relationships that enable better product quality, time to delivery and customer satisfaction
What we’re looking for
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Management of Information Systems or equivalent
- 10+ years of technical program management experience
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Knowledge in delivering high-quality software solutions using a predictable delivery process
- Strong cross-functional, technical project management experience including planning, scheduling, monitoring, risk management and stakeholder reporting
- Demonstrated experience in leading key projects, including strategic customer programs from inception to successful roll-out and beyond
- Strong documentation and presentation skills including creative thinking and willingness to work hands-on to deliver impactful outcomes
- Ability to balance structure, process, risk management and time-to-market factors
- Individual who can work independently with cross-functional stakeholders and quickly adjust to changing priorities
- Strong project management experience.
- Supports the team to drive through risk and ambiguity with a strong bias towards action and delivery while incentivizing the team for follow best practices and SOPs.
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team.
- Functions effectively under pressure, with deadlines, and on high-visibility projects.
- Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks.
- Track record of setting targets, executing a plan, and delivering results against aggressive timelines.
- Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Evaluates products and & processes to ensure compliance where relevant.
- Participate in and lead team discussions relative to current projects.
- Contribute to the larger TraceLink community (e.g. Services, Business Management, Marketing, Customers, and Engineering).
- Engagement with a world-class team of project managers.
- Supports a high-functioning team environment where people are motivated and supported, to share more, feel more engaged, and ultimately perform better.
- Effective team and group leader who recognizes and shapes group dynamic, energy, progress, and unproductive/disruptive behavior toward desired session goals of the session.
- Conflict Resolution skills, resolving issues and conflicts allowing team members to move forward and remain motivated.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity. Ability to interact at all levels of the organization, and with other TraceLink businesses and partners.
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing across a complex, global matrix organization.
- Maintains commitment, perseverance, empathy and passion as a team member.
- Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal.
- Communicate effectively both within the immediate team and Product Management leadership.
- Strong presenter
- Ensure the team receives consistent messages and has a clear understanding of business direction, strategy, and results.
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and teams evaluate and resolve issues by defining solutions.
- Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain. Uses root cause analysis to identify, correct, and/or eliminate the causes of problems as well as the problem itself.
- Systems thinker; who can see patterns and relationships, similarities between programs and projects. Plans and scopes programs that improve processes at scale.
- Helps assemble the larger 360 views of goals and supporting programs to reach those goals, and effectively communicates that picture to others.
What will help you in this role...
- Working technical knowledge of software platforms
- Working knowledge of GXP for the life sciences industry
- Working knowledge of agile software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge Atlassian software (Jira, Confluence)