Vice President, Sales - EMEA
TraceLink’s software solutions and Opus Platform help the pharmaceutical industry digitize their supply chain and enable greater compliance, visibility, and decision making. It reduces disruption to the supply of medicines to patients who need them, anywhere in the world.
Founded in 2009 with the simple mission of protecting patients, today Tracelink has 8 offices, over 800 employees and more than 1300 customers in over 60 countries around the world. Our expanding product suite continues to protect patients and now also enhances multi-enterprise collaboration through innovative new applications such as MINT.
Tracelink is recognized as an industry leader by Gartner and IDC, and for having a great company culture by Comparably.
As the Vice President, Sales - EMEA you will take on a key leadership role in driving TraceLink’s growth in this key region. You will be responsible for managing a team of Regional Directors, who are leading dynamic sales teams selling the world's #1 platform for Supply Chain Management in Life Sciences. The team will formulate and execute on a Platform sales strategy within region, drive revenue growth by penetrating the current customer base, and develop new customers in the space.
- Has primary responsibility for all revenue generation in the EMEA region, reporting into the Senior Vice President, Global Sales.
- Develop and execute on an aggressive customer acquisition strategy to generate accelerated annual growth in revenue and bookings
- Manage an organization of 20+ sales professionals, with plans to grow to over 30
- Maintain key customer relationships while developing and implementing strategies for expanding an already robust customer base
- Drive the business in EMEA for revenue and growth attainment goals
- Accurate and timely forecasting of the business
- Directly oversee the EMEA Sales Organization
- Partner closely with Business Unit Leaders of respective organizations
- Oversee the day-today-operations of the area
- Create and implement strategy to grow the business, and coordinate the development of goals and tasks for all Sales functions in region
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities
- Communicate strategy, initiatives, results, etc. with employees in region
- Report key results to executive management
- Engage with executive management in broader organizational strategic planning
- Support the development of a healthy culture that retains key employees and encourages professional development
- The Vice President, Sales - EMEA should be an established generalist who is familiar with all areas of the business and can coordinate processes and operations across the organization
- 8 – 12+ Years Enterprise Level Software Sales Experience and at least 5 years in a management role
- A proven track record of consistent results; proven leadership through good times and challenging times
- Must have excellent people/team management skills; drive culture, partner with HQ to roll out and actively support people related programs and initiatives, etc.
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing enterprise sales organization
- Will have strong motivational skills and demonstrated ability to be a gluing factor
- Proven success working within a matrixed organization and establishing strong relationships across all functions
- Familiar with all functions of the business, whether the functions report directly or indirectly into this role
- Must be able to demonstrate examples of the trust and support of people both in region and at HQ
- Must be relatively unbiased; while their primary responsibility is to develop their region, he/she must be an advocate for all functions and overall company
- Able to manage by influence and function in matrixed environments
- Must be able to lead autonomously but not foster silos and “kingdom building” behavior
- Prior experience working within the Software/Infrastructure/Platform (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) space
- Related industry experience a plus