Technical Analyst, Application Integration Mapping
TraceLink’s software solutions and Opus Platform help the pharmaceutical industry digitize their supply chain and enable greater compliance, visibility, and decision making. It reduces disruption to the supply of medicines to patients who need them, anywhere in the world.
Founded in 2009 with the simple mission of protecting patients, today Tracelink has 8 offices, over 800 employees and more than 1300 customers in over 60 countries around the world. Our expanding product suite continues to protect patients and now also enhances multi-enterprise collaboration through innovative new applications such as MINT.
Tracelink is recognized as an industry leader by Gartner and IDC, and for having a great company culture by Comparably.
Responsible for Business-to-Business (B2B) integration development for the
TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud that supports thousands of trading partners in
the pharmaceutical supply chain in the US, the EU, China, Turkey, and many other countries around the world.
Working closely with TraceLink’s Engineering, Quality Assurance and Customer
Implementation and Service teams, the individual is responsible for delivering
world-class integration products as part of a dynamic team of B2B developers that is ramping up to meet anticipated demand fueled by rapid domestic and international growth.
The ideal candidate is a flexible, enthusiastic, and creative individual with
good communications skills who relishes a challenge and is always ready to
learn something new.
1. Maintain expertise in building transactions and translation maps that support track and trace, serialization, compliance and other data requirements for the health industry supply chain under government mandate using global B2B data standards such as EPCIS, EDI (X12 and EDIFACT), SAP IDocs, JSon, and various
flavors of XML.
2. Create data mapping specifications for transaction and master data sets across all TraceLink supported data exchange formats.
3. Identify opportunities for map development process improvement
Work with the B2B team, Engineering, QA and customer implementation and services teams to define and document transactional and master data sets in support of TraceLink business applications
4. Design, develop and document XML and JSon schema to support development of translation maps and TraceLink business applications using XML development tools.
5. Consult with customers and internal stakeholders to evaluate and understand end-to-end business process data exchange requirements and convert these requirements into XML or JSon schema and specifications.
6. Serve as subject matter expert and provide technical support to customer integration projects using a variety of data formats to integrate with TraceLink’s software solutions.
7. Provide expertise, support, and mentoring in B2B integration tools and
processes to team members, QA, Engineering, Customer Services, Operations teams, and TraceLink management.
8. Participate as B2B integration subject matter and domain expert in the
analysis and development of new B2B processes and architecture within the
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, IT or related discipline;
or at least five years of substantial relevant hands-on experience, training and
Experience must include the following, which may be gained concurrently:
A successful track record in multiple full-cycle ERP implementation projects
(SAP, Oracle, SalesForce, etc.) developing internal application to application
interfaces, master data conversions, EDI and other B2B integrations with a
variety of trading partners across a number of different industries using a
variety of data formats.
Hands on experience creating XML and JSon schema from scratch.
Strong experience developing specifications for B2B data translation maps,
transactions and other objects. Ability to work with templates.
Expert-level knowledge of major B2B and EDI standards and tools including
ANSI X12, SAP IDocs, UN/EDIFACT, and multiple custom and standard XML business transaction formats and technologies including schema development, XSLT, XPath, business process modeling.
Expertise in designing, developing, implementing, and documenting end-to-end
integration architectures using commercial enterprise systems such as Contivo Analyst, SAP XI/PI, Sterling Integrator, Seeburger, Tibco, Edifecs SpecBuilder, and others.
Experience with GS1 standards such as EPCIS would be a big bonus.
Experience with Contivo Analyst as a mapping tool and SAP technical skills.
Proven creativity in developing and configuring all aspects of EDI and B2B
interfaces in enterprise ERP systems and integration platforms including
cross-platform programming, business process modeling, converting between
multiple data formats, file transfer and communications adapter configuration,
trading partner management, enveloping, acknowledgements, archiving, and
Expertise in documenting and building applications for converting data between different formats using one or more commercial data mapping, conversion, or ETL tools.
Knowledge of supply chain business document flows in business areas like
sales and distribution, transportation, inventory and warehouse management,
production planning, financial accounting and costing.
Knowledge of B2B communications protocols and services such as
AS2, FTP, SFTP, and EDI VANs is useful.
Experience with XML development tools such as XMLSpy and Oxygen helpful.