Deal desk, Manager
TraceLink’s software solutions and Opus Platform help the pharmaceutical industry digitize their supply chain and enable greater compliance, visibility, and decision making. It reduces disruption to the supply of medicines to patients who need them, anywhere in the world.
Founded in 2009 with the simple mission of protecting patients, today Tracelink has 8 offices, over 800 employees and more than 1300 customers in over 60 countries around the world. Our expanding product suite continues to protect patients and now also enhances multi-enterprise collaboration through innovative new applications such as MINT.
Tracelink is recognized as an industry leader by Gartner and IDC, and for having a great company culture by Comparably.
The below duties represent the primary duties of the position, other may be assigned as needed.
- Collaborate with Sales/Sales Ops, Accounting & Legal through the deal process to improve cycle times, drive pricing consistency and streamline communication
- Build data driven strategies by customer type and geography to support pricing and discount methodologies .
- Support and document compliance of business and sales policies related to customer contracts .
- Provide Deal Desk summary reports to stakeholders to provide details related to deal volume/ARR, revenue, products and pricing, sales region, discounts and exceptions
- Review and approve, based on policy and accounting guidance, complex quotes and sales orders.
- Drive and define opportunities for automation via Salesforce CPQ in the quote to cash cycle to support initiatives of the Deal Desk .
- Assist with complex contract negotiation and provide pricing options, deal construct alternatives and business analysis, where needed, to help facilitate the deal process .
- Understand the business and technical requirements of our customers and partners, including the value the customer can bring to the Tracelink's supply chain network. Work closely with the internal, cross-functional teams to provide appropriate deal terms )
- Minimum of 5 years experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-7+ years in a deal desk environment, preferably in high growth SaaS company.
- Experience Salesforce, CPQ, and other sales related systems including pricing, data enrichment tools.
- proficiency in complex deal structuring (for software license, renewal deals) and advising on booking and revenue recognition implications
- Understanding of Accounting regulations, ASC606 rules, revenue recognition policies.
- Able to work extended schedules during the month and quarter end cycles.
- ability to work on many deals simultaneously, handling multiple stakeholders in a calm manner.