Senior Solutions Architect
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Senior Systems Architect will provide expertise in process design, data architecture, and platform lifecycle/development solutions for Toast’s Business Systems teams. The role will be responsible for facilitating and executing high quality and scalable stakeholder deliverables within an Agile development environment. In this strategic role, you will partner with business leaders and other stakeholders to provide architectural guidance and support through all stages of the M&A continuum. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in integrating IT systems, aligning technology strategy with business objectives throughout the M&A lifecycle, developing the M&A playbook, and performing due diligence on potential acquisition targets.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Assess current state salesforce architecture for our core systems and our acquired company’s systems to advise on an optimal path to integrate technology and business processes across the lead to cash and customer success life cycles.
- Advise on the future state architecture of our salesforce implementation for optimal implementation of new features and functionalities.
- Create/update best practices and enforce within teams.
- Lead various aspects of Toast’s Salesforce Engineering and drive scalability, flexibility and security.
- Create improvement plans for our systems to enable scalability and flexibility.
- Take ownership of creating reusable components and process to enable efficiency across systems and operations.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure major initiatives are built to scale and best practices are followed.
- Analyze business requirements and develop technical solutions which are scalable and flexible.
- Review design and code created by team members to ensure best practices are being followed.
- Create and document target state solution architectures.
- Create architecture drawings, narratives, architecture decision records, and other repository artifacts
- Create documents on Toast specific best practices for Salesforce teams
- Review designs, deployment strategies and other technical aspects of Toast’s Salesforce SCRUM teams
- For various projects constantly provide process, design and code review support.
- Create and upgrade reusable process and deployment templates for efficient delivery of technical artifacts.
- Help define and document standards and processes to support and facilitate SFDC architecture for the Enterprise Applications and Technology department
- Create documentation and automated workflows for architecture reviews across different teams
- Create documentation for standards and processes which can be leveraged by technical teams to maintain a consistent delivery model.
- Provide technical oversight and mentorship to admins and other team members
- Review technical deliverables for various salesforce teams
- Guide and mentor the junior team members.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 3+ years experience in a Salesforce Solutions Architect, Technical Lead or Lead Architect role
- 5+ years experience in Salesforce Service Cloud and Sales Cloud and GTM/G&A applications, such as CPQ, DocuSign, Conga, Marketo, LeanData, Impartner
- Experience with system consolidation and data migration initiatives
- Experience working in an Agile Enterprise-level Salesforce environment
- Proven ability to have confident techno-functional conversations with cross functional teams across departments
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of latest tools and technologies to deliver testable, maintainable, and modern solutions
- Great team player with a can-do attitude and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or related discipline
- Expertise in modern integration patterns and principles
- Expert level understanding of strategies for coordinating, merging, or splitting Salesforce instances/organizations
- Salesforce Certifications: Platform Developer 1, Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Application Architect Certification
- Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant Certification
- Experience integrating Salesforce with NetSuite, Magento, Avalara
- Experience with iPaaS (MuleSoft, Workato, Jitterbit, Celigo, Boomi)
- Experience building custom Salesforce Apps
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.