Salesforce QA Engineer
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Salesforce QA Engineer designs, engineers, and maintains a full suite of Salesforce testing solutions and QA processes, supporting a fast paced Salesforce Admin and Development team. Acts as a subject matter expert for system health and QA best practices, contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
What you will do:
- Gather and analyze requirements from business teams and stakeholders to determine QA needs for all application change requests.
- Develop and execute test plans working in an Agile environment.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other cross-functional teams to balance priorities, risk, and schedules.
- Generate and maintain test data.
- Implement, improve, and maintain existing test suites for both the Developer and Administrator teams.
- Contribute to automated regression suite using Selenium.
- Lead periodic release regression test cycles and UAT events.
- Proactively bring issues to the attention of the team, and propose and implement solutions to solve them.
- Partner closely with the development teams to replicate and resolve issues.
- Collaborate on a continuous integration pipeline for production level releases in Salesforce.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Prior experience building and executing test plans on a complex software product within an Agile environment (manual testing required, automated preferred)
- Proven experience identifying, replicating, and communicating bugs to appropriate team, and collaborating on a resolution plan
- Skilled at working with product owners and other internal teams to refine requirements as needed
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsible, organized, self-disciplined, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Programming skills (Java, Python, SQL, etc...)
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications: Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- Comfortable establishing integration tests for REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience with version control tools (GitHub)
- Knowledgeable of Salesforce Version Control and Release tools (Copado)
- Knowledge of Salesforce tooling API and Debugging log
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.