Senior Manager, Customer Success
At Toast, we empower the restaurant community to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. As the all-in-one platform built exclusively for restaurants, we’re on a mission to enrich the food experience for all. Toast connects employees, operations, and guests on a reliable, easy-to-use platform so restaurateurs can stay one step ahead of a rapidly evolving hospitality market.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to lead our International Restaurant Success team, based in either London or Dublin, reporting to the Vice President of International Customer Success. Your primary responsibility will be to lead a team of Restaurant Success Managers in the UK, Ireland and Canada, provide strategic and consultative account management coaching and expertise to ensure the success of our customers, while building out and implementing on the strategy for scaling this team as Toast expands its International footprint. In these early stages of our International growth, this role is multifaceted and multi-layered. You will need to be a builder first and foremost, comfortable working across different cultures and timezones, collaborating with global stakeholders and be a strong people manager and coach.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead, coach, train and develop a team of high-performing, geographically dispersed Restaurant Success Managers to help them drive towards individual and team targets.
- Design and drive strategic improvements to scale processes, services, and systems to enable the team to exceed adoption, retention, and growth objectives and ensure the success of Toast customers as we continue to grow in multiple markets across the globe.
- Provide the team with guidance on building and maintaining strong customer relationships; serve as a coach in navigating challenging customer situations through proven Customer Success practices.
- Be a thought leader and establish executive relationships with key customers.
- Uncover and create opportunities to drive customer growth (revenue, expansion, efficiencies) and ultimate success through regular books of business reviews.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive business outcomes.
- Create a culture of accountability and execution through data driven strategies.
- Drive successful platform adoption, customer outcomes, retention and expansion goals.
- Some travel required (approx 10% of your time).
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 8+ years of leading teams, second level line management an advantage.
- 5+ years experience building and managing complex, scalable programs in a fast-paced customer-centric global business.
- Passion for augmenting customer experience through programmatic initiatives.
- Experience working and leading people and initiatives across multiple time zones and diverse cultures.
- Change management experience in a complex and ambiguous matrix environment.
- Data driven leader with demonstrated experience using metrics and insight to drive impact and change/growth.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think creatively about both short and long term solutions.
- Enjoy interacting with new people in an open and inclusive way.
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Experience working in the tech industry or for a SaaS company.
- A background in hospitality, ideally with experience in restaurant operations.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.