Customer Care Expert - Payments
Customer Care Expert - Payments
Start Date: 03/25 Class - Training is 7 weeks. First two weeks of training will be VIRTUAL/REMOTE. Remaining five weeks of training will be IN-PERSON in our Omaha office. There is no PTO allowed during training. Training schedule is Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm CST.
Schedule Expectation after training: After training, you will be assigned one of the following schedules. Complete flexibility for any and all schedules after training is required:
- Sunday - Thursday; 9:30am to 6:00pm CST
- Sunday + Monday ON, Tuesday OFF, Wednesday + Thursday ON, Friday & Saturday OFF; 11:00am to 10:00pm CST
- Sunday & Monday OFF, Tuesday + Wednesday ON, Thursday OFF, Friday & Saturday ON; 11:00am to 10:00pm CST
- Tuesday - Saturday; 2:30pm to 11:00pm CST
- Sunday - Thursday; 2:30pm to 11:00pm CST
Location: Omaha, NE Office - 1926 S 67th St, Suite 200, Omaha NE 68106. You will be expected to be in office up to 3 days a week, post training.
Hourly Rate: $25.00 per hour
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Payments Customer Care Expert, you engage directly with our Toast customers to drive specialty support with measured success based on productivity and customer satisfaction KPIs. You will respond to and resolve complex and nuanced inquiries on Toast products and services, and take ownership of the customer care experience. You are able to apply principles and methodologies, such as empathy, good judgment, and a consultative approach, to customer care interactions. As a pivotal stakeholder, you partner with Customer Care management, Restaurant Success Program Managers, Sales, Services, Product, and Finance to meet customer needs.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Perform thorough troubleshooting and probing analysis with the customer regarding general billing inquiries and payment processing questions.
- Support Customer through issues and questions surrounding Credit card processing, credit card issuers, bank accounts, payment disputes and all corresponding financial reporting
- Communicate & collaborate effectively to our Toast customers, resolve complex customer inquiries, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Possess a high level of product knowledge with Toast reporting and CC Processing tools.
- Support the business by recommending process improvements to management toward advancing customer programs.
- Collaborate and actively participate with internal team members in meetings and 1:1 training to ensure we are all working together to provide a great customer experience.
- Update and maintain records in our customer database (Salesforce).
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years of experience in a role responsible for customer satisfaction or 1+ year working in a customer support role providing technical troubleshooting and solving difficult problems
- Experience with root cause analysis; able to understand unique situations and deliver solutions to these problems
- Proven track record of success navigating and troubleshooting technical tools, for instance an Apple laptop and Android based software + Toast hardware
- Strong verbal/ written communication, organizational, and influencing skills
- Success operating independently and navigating competing priorities in a constantly changing environment
Special Sauce* (Non-essential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience answering incoming phone calls and ticketing systems
- Experience working in the tech industry or for a SaaS company
- Open to schedules that may include weekends, holidays and nights
- Strong desire and willingness to work with numbers and reporting
Our Spread of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.