Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a Network Engineer II, you will be a critical part of the Network Engineering team within the Engineering organization. You will be assisting with initiatives that will help support and scale Toast’s networking services and product offerings to remain ahead of the explosive customer growth we are experiencing. You will also have the opportunity to interface with our internal and external customers as well as vendors to research and test product enhancements and troubleshoot product issues in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
We are looking for a passionate network engineer that can operate as a subject matter expert for the Toast networking domain, help execute Toast’s long-term networking strategy as a part of individual and group projects, and work closely with a world-class product management team to build out a highly scalable, high-performance networking platform.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Execute on technical user stories and feature requests provided by the Product Management team in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Research cutting edge networking hardware/technologies and tools to continue evolving our product and service offerings
- Monitor all customer deployed network devices and controllers using existing dashboards and monitoring tools
- Deploy hardware, software and firmware upgrades to network devices as needed
- Train internal enablement teams on the proper use of networking hardware and software as needed, and communicate upcoming changes to key internal stakeholders
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Hand-on experience with configuration, design, provisioning, maintenance and troubleshooting of networks with nationwide deployments. Following technologies preferred:
- Cisco/Meraki (Full Stack)
- Ubiquiti Unifi (Controller/Devices)
- Minimum two year experience working with network operating systems, network diagnostics, monitoring and analysis tools
- Experience with researching/testing/selection of network hardware and software
- Experience with Python/scripting languages and network automation
- Experience with wireless networking fundamentals including site survey activities and high density planning/deployment/troubleshooting
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!