Senior Engineering Manager, Netsuite
Senior/ Engineering Manager, Financial Systems (Front Office)
The Job Title will be an Engineering Manager or a Senior Engineering Manager based
on the skills, capabilities, experience and interview assessment.
Are you bready* for a change?
As an Engineering Manager/Sr. Engineering Manager, Financial Systems, you will lead a team
of Engineers responsible for providing technical solutions that meet the evolving business needs
of the organization.
You will collaborate with business stakeholders to scope and implement new technical
initiatives, streamline, automate, and simplify processes, and educate employees on the
effective use of the technologies and processes necessary for the business to operate.
In this roll you will:* (Responsibilities)
● Manage the daily activities of Toast India’s Financial Systems Developers, Admins who
are delivering new features and enhancements critical to Toast's business growth
○ Provide leadership(technical and otherwise), activity planning, and direction to
complete team tasks, produce the required deliverables, track/resolve issues,
and meet project milestones.
○ Mentor team members by identifying/developing opportunities for individual
growth and setting a positive example for working in a team environment
○ Review deliverables for the team and contribute hands-on to complex financial
○ Create improvement plans for our systems to enable scalability and flexibility.
○ Incorporate prior industry experience to shape the line of business vision
○ Resolve project-related and operational issues impacting business stakeholders
○ Build and maintain team technical roadmap utilizing planning tools
○ Work with product ownership to manage and prioritize the team’s product
backlog, consistently review to ensure the most impactful investments are
● Communicate clearly, knowledgeably, and transparently with cross functional
stakeholders (including but not limited to Engineering, Design, Go To Market, Legal,
Compliance, Customer Onboarding, and Support) to build trusted relationships.
○ Identify, select, and implement best practices to gather, document, streamline,
and improve business processes for Business Systems stakeholders
○ Lead collaborative discovery and execution ceremonies for the team
○ Confidently leverage preeminent domain expertise in team decision-making
○ Continually evolve domain knowledge through ongoing customer, competitor,
and market research
○ Facilitate release planning and capacity planning for the team’s initiatives
○ Drive technical delivery across all technical functions in NetSuite, Revpro etc.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
● 10+ years of hands-on experience developing and solutioning in NetSuite, including
leading solution architecture with at least 3 years of experience as Technical Lead/Engineering Manager
● 4+ years of experience directly managing a development, financial systems, or technical
team of 6 or more full-time employees.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
● Well-versed in financial systems (NetSuite, Zuora, RevPro, Coupa, Tipalti, Adaptive,
● Implementation expertise and practical experience working on large-volume financial
systems projects involving complex system design across disparate systems
● Experience in collaborating with product owners representing Finance, Accounting,
Sales, Customer Service, Product & Engineering. Balancing competing interests and
needs across the organization to define a clear roadmap for Financial Systems
● A track record of delivering projects on-time by leveraging your experience in
development processes, work estimation, and optimal resource allocation
● Passionate about scaling teams and helping individuals grow their careers
● Experience in developing and retaining a highly talented team including performance
reviews and hiring.
● Experience working with cloud-based applications (Salesforce, Workday)
● Experience working with consulting resources (onshore and/or offshore)
● Experience in CI/CD and Release management process
● Experience working with Jira
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!