Senior GL Accounting Manager
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Senior Accounting Manager will lead the OpEx Accounting team and be a key thought leader to drive operational efficiencies. The Senior Accounting Manager should thrive working in a fast-growing, dynamic, and ambiguous environment who is not afraid to be hands-on to contribute to building a world-class accounting team.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Oversee the team that manages operating expenses, including people, equity, commissions, legal, marketing, professional services, R&D, and infrastructure costs.
- Drive and build scalable processes and systems to support the growth of the organization, including systems integrations and PTP systems.
- Be a thought partner to internal and external stakeholders. Work cross-functionally to provide perspective on new initiatives, programs, and offerings.
- Foster opportunities for the development and advancement of team members. Manage performance, set goals, provide ongoing training, and maintain strong employee relationships.
- Ensure team compliance with SOX controls and internal accounting policies. Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Partner with SOX Program Management to assess, evaluate, and enhance Toast’s internal control framework and documentation.
- Partner with technical accounting to research, conclude and write accounting policies and memos on significant transactions.
- Collaborate with the India Shared Services team to ensure consistency and adherence with global accounting processes and policies.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 8+ years of experience with a degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 4+ years of hiring, leading and developing teams.
- Experience working in public accounting as an external auditor of companies subject to SOX.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams, and an ability to manage and motivate team members in a changing environment.
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Experience working at a high-growth SaaS and/or Fintech company.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, professional skepticism, with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience working with various levels of management, building strong relationships and influencing others without formal authority.
- Experience with NetSuite and Zip.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!