HR Technology Solutions Developer
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy.
Toast is on the lookout for a versatile Senior HR Technology Solutions Developer to join our forward-thinking HR Technology team. In this dynamic role, you will spearhead innovative multi-system projects that improve automation, enable frictionless processes and put the “fun” back into functionality! We aspire to create intuitive pathways that enable Toasters to get the information they need and get business done quickly and easily. This role will work across a variety of systems (including Workday, Slack, Unily, ServiceNow, Okta, Netsuite, Greenhouse and more) in order to create scalable, best-in-class solutions. Your mission will be to architect innovative solutions that streamline and elevate the employee experience, making technology an enabler of our strategic HR initiatives.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop and implement integrations, widgets, automation capabilities, and applications across a variety of platforms such as Slack, Unily, ServiceNow, and Google Workspace, utilizing Workday data and APIs to enhance functionality and user engagement.
- Embrace a full-stack development approach with a strong emphasis on creating intuitive user interfaces and automating processes to drive efficiency and accessibility.
- Serve as the lead developer for People-related systems-based solutions, particularly those involving information access, self-service and innovative, intuitive process design.
- Employ design thinking methodologies to address complex problems, fostering an environment of innovation and agile responsiveness to change.
- Translate complex technical requirements into clear, concise, and accessible communications, ensuring stakeholders at all levels understand the technology solutions provided.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Workday's capabilities in order to maximize the capabilities of our core HCM system in developing solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications and scalable solutions.
- Participate in a variety of projects and apply technical skill set in a flexible manner, based on business needs.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX design principles to ensure the development of user-centric enhancements and applications.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a design thinking mindset; possess analytical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve complex system issues, and the creativity and resourcefulness to devise efficient solutions.
- The ability to work effectively and produce results within and across teams.
- Experience with Workday Studio or Workday Extend for creating sophisticated integrations, and familiarity with Workday APIs, EIBs, and connectors for third-party integrations preferred.
- Proven track record of managing technical work within complex projects and integrations within Workday and with other systems like Netsuite, Greenhouse, and Okta preferred.
- Strong understanding of HR processes and data structures, with the ability to design and optimize Workday to delight end users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts in a clear, visual, and concise manner.
- Agile and responsive to rapidly changing business needs and technology landscapes.
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred but not required.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!