Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join the Reporting and Analytics team (RRA)
Toast’s mission is to help our restaurants thrive, and a key way of doing that is by giving them the information they need. From providing a cutting edge point of sale system for restaurants to online ordering, labor and inventory management, there is a wealth of data available and our customers have many questions they want answered. There are also insights that we can provide for customers that they didn’t even realise they wanted or needed to know. Our job on the Reporting & Analytics team is to provide useful information to customers whenever they need it in an easy to consume format. There is a huge appetite in Toast to make our reporting even butter* than it already is and we have lots of exciting plans we’d love you to be a part of.
We are looking for Full Stack Engineer who has the ability and drive to make an impact, not only on their own but by also enabling those around them to succeed. You will be responsible for the creation and support of features across our Reporting stack. Youʼll also be tasked with building scalable, reliable and high quality features with the goal of creating a smooth and delightful reporting experience.
If you want to help create something tangible that is used every day, help small businesses achieve their vision, and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product, Toast is the place for you.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building web applications using modern web technologies
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current tech stack while writing world-class applications
- Championing best practices such as quality integration, unit testing, end to end testing and performance testing
- Provide design feedback and participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Ensure that all work done is delivered with quality and is appropriately monitored and
supported in production
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience with Java, Kotlin or another object-oriented language and with modern web standards and technologies (eg. React, Typescript), and can apply them to build fully responsive web pages.
- The capacity to tackle complex and ambiguous problems, communicate clearly with others to solve the problem, and share knowledge to help the whole team succeed
- Exposure to distributed systems, scaling challenges, SaaS, SQL, JS, & Pulsar are a plus
- Enjoys building well-engineered, usable and accessible systems
- Experience working in a team with Agile/Scrum methodology
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!