Staff Software Engineer, Fintech (APM)
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. Our Fintech team is looking for a full-stack engineer to grow further and expand their mission and impact.
Toast has grown to be a leading hospitality software company in the US and is now setting its sights on the global stage. Fintech is at the heart of the restaurant and providing a seamless experience for customers allows our restaurants to thrive. We are expanding our platform to enable more payment choice and we are looking for an entrepreneurial full stack developer to make that happen.
About This Roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with UX and Product building web applications using modern web technologies
- Rapidly build out experiments and help determine effectiveness of features to move to full implementation
- Provide design feedback and participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Lead innovative solutions and approaches to customer problems
- Capable of contributing to mobile, front end, and back end services when needed.
- Mentor and coach other engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- Proficient in modern web, mobile, and backend technologies (Java, Kotlin, Swift, React or equivalents)
- Interested in working across the technology stack to solve real world problems
- Enjoys building well-engineered, usable and accessible systems
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace an agile mindset focused on delivering usable software.
- Proficient in Software Development best practices (Code Quality, UnitTest, BDD)
- Experience with short loop length, experiment driven development.
What we use to make our dish (Our Tech Stack)
- A core of Java & Kotlin based backend services.
- React SPAs leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- Swift for iOS apps used by restaurant guests to pay in innovative ways
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!