Staff Systems Engineer
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
As a Staff Systems Engineer you will be responsible for creating technical strategies and designs within a fast paced team of Integration Engineers and Analysts supporting the evolving business needs across the Toast organization. This is a unique time to join Toast as we invest in getting to our next stage of growth in supporting many customer segments, product lines and markets. The role requires taking technical ownership of various customer support facing enterprise projects, working side-by-side with business partners across Toast (with teams in engineering, marketing, customer success, finance, etc..) solving complex problems focussed on improving experience across the customer journey. The role exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Hands-on contributions in designing, building, reviewing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating, monitoring, documenting, and maintaining - high performance, flexible, and highly scalable microservices and integration pipelines
- Develop an expert understanding of the Toast’s complex ecosystem (CRM, ERP, WMS, RevRec, etc) and a broad understanding of connecting them all together.
- Provide technical leadership within a global team of System Engineers (US and Bangalore)
- Partner with Toast Product Owners and cross stack Technical Leaders to understand the integration needs of our Toast Business Partners. Map their needs to the Integrations stack and develop the enterprise integrations technology strategy / roadmap.
- Engage hands-on with integration and development teams to help them internalize enterprise requirements, design scalable solutions, and productize the prototypes. Ensure that our systems are performant, scalable, resilient and highly available.
- Develop prototypes of proposed enterprise solutions to evaluate the technical feasibility and fit.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Strong technologist with 4+ years experience implementing and supporting high volume integration projects involving complex and critical integration across disparate systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Well versed in integration technologies REST, SOAP, ETL, etc..
- Familiarity implementing both custom and iPaaS based integration frameworks
- Experience in collaborating with product owners representing Sales, Customer Service, R&D & Engineering and balancing competing interests and needs across the organization to define a clear roadmap for Integration deliverables
- Proficient in Software Development best practices (Code Quality, UnitTest, etc..)
- Lead by example, at times, working alongside the team in defining requirements, workflows, interaction, user journeys, process/screen flows, etc..
- Experience working with cloud based applications (Salesforce Service Cloud, NetSuite, RevPro, Workday)
- Familiarity with iPaaS and ETL applications (Workato, Mulesoft, Boomi, Informatica)
- Experience working with globally distributed development teams
- Comfortable operating as SOC-2 control owner
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!