Senior Software Developer, Enterprise
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As the Toast business continues to grow, there is increased demand to enhance the enterprise level of support in the product. Toast customers who managed several restaurants a few years ago are now expanding their business and adding new locations. New enterprise customers are looking to leverage Toast technology to support the growth of their business in new ways. These exciting new opportunities will require Toast to bolster our product offerings. You will get to work across the entire Toast platform, including the partner ecosystem. As a member of the enterprise team, you will help ensure that the product is being built to meet the new and expanding needs of these customers. Come and join this new team!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain highly resilient and scalable features across Toast’s enterprise management products
- Lead complex projects that improve functionality and reliability for our customers
- Partner with a wide array of teams across Toast
- Ensure quality by building automated testing for changes
- Roll* features out to customers, including monitoring for success
- Collaborate with UX and PM on the definition and design of features
- Mentor and coach other engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years experience building backend services and APIs
- Extensive experience working with an Object Oriented Language like Java or Kotlin, with a deep understanding of testing, quality, and best practices
- Experience shipping production services and balancing getting things done with platform stability and reliability
- Experience building backend services and APIs and scaling distributed systems
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared code-base
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!