Staff Software Engineer- Guest Engagement
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. Because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you interested in using the latest technology to help our customers build amazing relationships with their guests? Do you get excited about data driven marketing and demand generation, and the endless possibilities that it opens to hlp our customers thrive? You will be helping to create the next generation of engagement experiences, building features to empower restaurants to create meaningful interactions with their guests and utilizing rich guest datasets to help them grow.
About This Roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build and maintain high performing, flexible and scalable solutions
- Build APIs for easily accessing our data internally and externally
- Create products and features that help restaurants understand what their guests are doing, and utilize that data to create state of the art data driven marketing and demand generation platforms and services.
- Collaborate with team members and other engineers across the company
- Advocate best coding practices to raise the bar for you, your team and the company
- Mentor engineers on your team, and across engineering, supporting them in their growth
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- Proficiency delivering high quality, reliable services to production using Java, Kotlin or other object oriented language(s)
- Experience supporting and debugging large distributed & multi threaded applications.
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace an agile mindset focused on delivering usable software.
- Experience with consumer data and/or multi-currency management a big plus
What we use to make our dish: (Our Tech Stack)
- A core of Java & Kotlin based backend services.
- React SPAs leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!