VP of Engineering
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As Vice President of Engineering for the Guest Line of Business (LoB), you will drive the technology vision and execution for a delightful experience for guests of Toast restaurants as well as Toast Owners/Operators as they communicate with Guests. This includes Digital Ordering, CRM, Email Marketing, Loyalty, Gift Cards, Offers, and in-restaurant & off-premise Guest digital experiences. You will be a key member of the Line of Business, partnering with Product Management and User Experience leads to craft the product vision and strategy. You will collaborate deeply with engineering partners in Commerce, FinTech, Foundations, as well as other business functions.
You’re a proven engineering executive experienced in building world-class teams and developing innovative products at scale for SMB, Enterprise, and Consumer customers. You have broad engineering experience, deeply knowledgeable about how to build and deliver a SaaS Martech product suite, with some consumer app/UI experience, You are skilled at participating in executive-level conversations about tradeoffs, business impact and ROI. You’re a natural coach and mentor, passionate about developing the next generation of architects and engineering leads. You have deep empathy for customers and a desire to solve their most critical problems around customer engagement, retention and growth. As a key member of our product leadership team, you will help us continually improve our team culture, operating practices, strategy and delivery frameworks, and career development programs.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead and scale Guest Engineering across Ireland, US, Canada, and India. Hire, mentor, and empower engineers to thrive. Develop a progressive engineering culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Guest Product and Design peers on product strategy and experimentation approach. Shape the technical strategy to realize strategic business objectives, energize the team, and gain the support of broad stakeholder groups.
- Deliver innovative and delightful products at scale to achieve our north star that Toast restaurants out-perform their peers through effective restaurant-to-guest engagement and guest network effects.
- Partner across R&D to align the Guest technology strategy with supporting teams, including Foundations (data platform, AI, system infrastructure and services), POS workflows and integrations, payment processing workflows, and new bets adjacent technologies. Partner across Toast with teams building MarTech solutions to optimize our investments.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 10+ years of engineering leadership experience (including 3+ years of executive leadership experience)
- Experience leading large engineering groups and delivering capabilities for both innovation/incubation and scale
- A track record of successful hiring across multiple locations and remotely. Team orientation, a strong sense of ownership, and a laser-focus on producing impact above all else.
- Experience building and leading Marketing and/or Hospitality technology solutions
- Customer obsessed – you regularly talk to customers and drive a culture of customer centricity.
- Knowledge of the restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!