Senior Technical Program Manager
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our growing Program Management team, focusing initially on our Fintech products with additional lines of business and R&D strategic initiatives as required. You’ll work with teams, initiative sponsors, and senior/executive stakeholders to ensure successful planning, delivery and outcomes of key initiatives. You’ll be a great fit if you are an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager who can easily navigate ambiguity and drive complex, technical efforts across the organization.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Ensuring the successful delivery of multiple complex, critical initiatives aligned with Toast’s strategic goals, from kickoff to release
- Drive the execution of best practices to guide the line of business’ R&D organization (Product, Engineering, and Design) through the various stages of the planning and development lifecycle, including executing to plan and coordinating cross-functional dependencies
- Defining measures and milestones for tracking program success.
- Managing project risks, including identification, analysis, mitigation, communication, and monitoring. Ensure risks are appropriately escalated and drive to resolution.
- Leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical key stakeholders
- Aggregating, organizing, and synthesizing program and initiative information in order to facilitate cross-functional communication and decision making throughout various levels of the organization
- Evaluating existing processes, recommending, designing, and driving improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc) within the scope of your lines of business and across the R&D org
- Participating in engineering discussions and contributing to prioritization efforts - it’s important to have a basic understanding of engineering fundamentals such as programming languages, frameworks and tools
- Helping to define and track measurements for successful implementations and releases
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience as a Senior Technical Program Manager, successfully leading multiple complex engineering-focused initiatives simultaneously
- Well versed in Agile or other iterative project management methodologies, practices, and tools
- Experience managing projects with remote/geographically dispersed team members
- Strong relationship and team building skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience driving organizational change
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical field
- Scrum Master or PMP certification
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Have fintech experience in payments processing or similar
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!