Principal Product Manager, Ecosystem
Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy.
The Toast Ecosystem is the platform of choice for third parties, empowering them to build a thriving business and delight customers.
We are looking for a curious, data-driven, technical product manager to own and drive the strategy for customers, integration partners, and developers building on the Toast Ecosystem. You will collaborate with Engineering to coauthor the strategy and roadmap, with the goal of each new release making a measurable impact on the business. This is a key strategic area of investment for Toast and serves a role that we view as critical to our growth in new verticals and markets.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Closely partner with and influence internal teams to ensure integration partner/developer needs are met and restaurants’ choices for compelling enhancements flourish
- Build trusted relationships with key cross-functional partners including but not limited to Engineering, Product, Design, Partnerships, Developer Relations, and Tech Writers
- Put yourself in the shoes of our biggest customers to understand and empathize with their pain points in order to translate them into areas of delight
- Work and build with our APIs to understand and articulate the experience from a customer’s perspective
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 7+ years of Product Management experience
- Computer Science background or equivalent technical experience
- Ability to contribute and influence highly technical decisions including fluency with Git and PRs, software development lifecycle process
- Data-driven and tenacious to find data sources, ex. run SQL queries
- Track record of shipping and iterating on successful platform products at scale that required partnering and influencing multiple teams, organizations, and stakeholders
- Strong communication skills at both a strategic level and deep into the technical details across all audiences
- Experience applying and championing a platform mindset and best practices
- Solution-oriented mindset to help teams push through obstacles and blockers to deliver value to our customers
- Empathy for developers, customers, and partners to understand their unique needs
- Collaborative approach and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Both passion for and experience with API/SDK development
- Previous experience coaching other Product Managers
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!