Software Engineer- Tech Lead, Menu Management Team
Staff Software Engineer, Tech Lead, Menu Management
Every restaurant is unique, and a restaurant’s menu expresses its individual brand and product offerings. Inside a Toast restaurant, the definition of the menu becomes the common language between guests, servers, and the kitchen. In our digital ordering products, a great menu serves as both a billboard and a roadmap to an excellent dining experience. A menu is always evolving: kitchens create new dishes, managers experiment with pricing and presentation, and staff optimize the menu for restaurant operations.
We strive to create products that will satisfy the vast breadth of our restaurants, from single-location coffee shops to complex enterprise brands with hundreds of locations. We offer an extremely powerful and configurable menu platform, and our team exists to ensure that this flexibility can be managed effectively at any scale. Come join the Advanced Menus team as we deliver a great experience to our customers!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain highly resilient and scalable features in Toast’s menu management products
- Collaborate closely with product managers and UX designers on the definition and design of features
- Lead a team of 3-6 software engineers to plan and execute projects at a high level of quality
- Make hands-on code contributions to your team’s projects
- Review code to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Mentor and coach other engineers
- Roll features out to customers, including monitoring for success
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Extensive experience working with an object-oriented Language like Java or Kotlin, with a deep understanding of testing, quality, and best practices
- Prior experience as a tech lead or team lead
- Experience building backend services and APIs and scaling distributed systems
- Experience shipping critical production services and balancing getting things done with platform stability and reliability
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
- Empathy for users, both internal (other Toast teams) and external (our restaurants)
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?