Staff Software Engineer, InfraEng (Python, Go)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready* for a change?
As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering FinOps team, you will be responsible for building systems around cost management for various lines of business across Toast. You will work with engineering, product, and finance staff to enable Toast to continue to grow its application offerings while providing enhanced visibility into infrastructure costs, allowing the business to make better informed decisions on investment, and to much more accurately be able to calculate ROI and TCO.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Build new automation to target specific cost-containment objectives
- Build reporting tools to support cost allocation models, working with AWS and other parties' APIs
- Use your familiarity with DevOps methodologies and practices to foster a culture of quality while facilitating developer velocity
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Deep experience with public cloud computing environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience building automation tooling in a modern programming language (preferably Go or Python)
- Strong technical background, within platform or product development
- An understanding of cost management
- Experience maintaining large-scale infrastructure, including both production and non-production workloads, and configuration management
- You believe internal tools deserve unit tests
- Experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL or DynamoDB a plus)
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu and Amazon Linux)
- Substantial experience with version control software
- Experience with modern CI/CD tools
- Prior experience with containerization and orchestration technologies
- Familiarity with Cloud deployment workflows and cloud IaaS providers (preferably AWS)
- A get-things-done attitude and track record of success.
- A desire to build a diverse team that wins together and prioritizes customer success
Our Spread of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?