Senior Software Engineer- Toast Capital
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
The Capital team owns an exciting domain at Toast - enabling restaurants to thrive through access to funds. Our team owns the entire life cycle of a loan - from lead generation, through application, evaluation and collection. We operate as a lean startup within the larger organization. The technologies the team interacts with day to day are AWS, Java/Kotlin, DynamoDB/Postgres, Node.js and React. We run Scrumban as our agile development process.
About this roll*:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing, even faster moving team within a larger organization. We are customer focused and obsessed with solving hard business problems using state of the art technology. Our team interacts daily with the customer, business partners, legal, marketing, compliance and operations - real feel of a fast paced startup environment. This role provides the opportunity to lead within a fast growing domain at Toast. This role blends technical aspects like backend and frontend development with business leadership. In this role you will work closely with the Product Managers and business partners to enhance our existing offerings and build brand new products.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- You are respectful, empathetic, and humble
- You have experience presenting an architecture vision and helping teams realize it
- You have experience shipping complex mission critical production services
- You have ownership over entire products and experience scaling distributed systems
- You have a growth mindset with an emphasis on improving yourself and your functional area
- You are viewed as a leader in your functional area and are trusted to make technical decisions that impact short and long term business objectives
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?