Lead Credit Risk Analyst
About the job
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Fintech Risk team at Toast is responsible for driving risk informed growth for the rapidly expanding Toast Fintech line of business. We are seeking a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to lead the CECL modeling work for the growing Lending business. You will closely work with the risk managers, accounting team, strategic finance, and LoB leaders to accurately forecast future expected credit losses. If you have strong modeling skills, an analytic and data driven mindset, and eye for detail then you are right for this position.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead and run the monthly CECL process including analyzing and documenting key components of the CECL methodology such as portfolio segmentation, forecast period, macro factors, and other inputs that go into the model.
- Facilitate the monthly CECL meeting with key stakeholders and provide insights and guidance on the loan loss reserve.
- Calculate, analyze, and communicate model parameters (including Probability of Default, Loss Given Default, Exposure at Default) and factors that drive changes in the reserve level.
- Support trend and sensitivity analysis under various macroeconomic scenarios, portfolio 'what-if' analysis, quantification of emerging risk and assumption changes.
- Create and maintain CECL documentation and understand internal/external audit requirements.
- Work with Risk Strategy and Lending leaders to understand changes in the portfolio or strategies and with Strategic Finance and Accounting to understand impact on P&L.
- Create presentations for senior management and present the forecast with a clear storyline and data support.
- Develop a deep understanding of the allowance estimation process and inform methodology alignment across CECL, IFRS 9 loss forecasting exercises.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 4-5 years of experience in development and implementation of CECL/Loss forecasting models.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics/Statistics/Economics/OR/Business).
- Knowledge of CECL / IFRS 9 credit loss accounting standards.
- Knowledge of Lending or Lending credit risk management is a plus.
- Strong modeling and data analytics skills, including use of Python/R, SQL, Excel/SAS.
- Good knowledge of statistical techniques such as classification, clustering, segmentation, ranking, correlation or regression etc.
- Expertise in designing PowerPoint presentations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interpreting analytic results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to changes in business models and new technologies.
- Willingness to work from Bangalore.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!