Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy. At Toast the Sling team is responsible for an employee management platform that simplifies restaurant scheduling, centralizes team communication, and provides insightful labor cost analytics. We are looking for a Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating a balance of user goals and business objectives to deliver intuitive experiences that “do right by the customer".
You are passionate about improving the experience of everyone working in a restaurant. You enjoy immersing yourself in user feedback and insights to find creative ways to solve the highest priority needs. You will be working directly with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to prioritize, brainstorm, and deliver user experiences. You will be exploring ideas, mapping workflows, rapidly prototyping, and creating high-fidelity designs. As a Toast Product Designer, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose: to enable restaurants to do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (responsibilities):
- Design intuitive experiences across mobile and responsive web platforms - delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and other designers to understand complex problems, brainstorm solutions, and translating it all into design artifacts that shape the product experience and guide development
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Support user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Leverage user data and analytics to inform product design decisions
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Stay on the lookout for creative ways to improve the experience for restaurateurs and restaurant employees
Do you have the right ingredients*? (requirements):
- Experience with holistic design approaches, including journey mapping and prototyping, to create moments that build customer trust across the entire experience
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills to build trusting relationships with your team members
- Proficiency in user research and data-driven design
- Fluency in one or more design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC)
- Enduring sense of curiosity and creativity with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Portfolio demonstrating your ability to design and deliver user experiences that fulfill critical business and user opportunities
Special sauce* (nice to have):
- Experience designing for B2B SaaS platforms
- Domain expertise in scheduling, task management, or chat clients
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?