Technical Lead- Staff Software Engineer
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is scaling rapidly, and with that growth comes exciting opportunities to evolve a developer ecosystem which enables Toast engineers and external partners to continue to deliver excellent products on top of a reliable and sustainable platform. This role will help define, design, build, and maintain software solutions which advance developer effectiveness at Toast and provide a world-class experience to engineers across the business.
We’re growing a developer-focused team and looking for a Staff Software Engineer to provide technical leadership and mentorship within the team. The team focuses on delivering internal tooling to make developer’s lives easy. This role will focus on testing related tools and infrastructure, as part of a broader initiative to shift left on testing. Problems to solve could range from better mocking/fakes to test data management, from microservice test environment configuration to mobile device management.
Your day-to-day will be a mixture of writing code versus providing big picture guidance and technical leadership across the Testing Infrastructure engineers. You will act as a force multiplier for the team.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build and maintain tooling & infrastructure to make software testing and development at Toast a delight
- Mentor and guide your peers to deliver with excellence, while also learning from their diverse experiences
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to set and evolve plans
- Review code to ensure technical implementation meets functional requirements
- Drive execution of complex technical projects with many stakeholders
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- You are respectful, empathetic, and humble
- You have a passion for making your peers more productive and efficient
- You have a growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement
- You have a bias towards action, with the ability to balance between getting things done and making things perfect
- You are organized, and enjoy collaborating with and leading other engineers to produce great outcomes
- 8+ years of software engineering experience in object-oriented languages
- 2+ years exposure to Test Automation or DevOps/SREs, with concepts such as data management, build pipelines and metrics.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- 100% paid childbirth recovery medical leave
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave
- Eligibility for 100% paid medical or family leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Home office and telecommunications stipends
- Free access to Certified Financial Planners
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?