Senior Software Engineer, Android
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast has grown to be a leading hospitality software company in the US and is now setting its sights on the global stage. To achieve that we are forming a team with the singular focus of enabling restaurants outside the US to gain the great benefits of Toasts Software and Hardware technologies.
Toast is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our International team in Dublin. This new team builds experiences which enable Toastʼs customers to meet the needs of their guests with a mission to deliver an industry-best experience. Partnering with stakeholders, product managers, product designers, and other engineers, you will be part of a team developing a best-in-class solution that delivers functionality that delights.
If you want to be at the fore of creating something tangible that is used every day and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product from millions to hundreds of millions of users, Toast is the place for you.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building native android applications
- Iterate on our technical approach in support of our international strategy, helping set the vision for all of R&D
- Provide design feedback and participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current tech stack while writing world-class applications
- Drive initiatives to support our international growth
- Mentor and coach other engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Passionate about building great software
- Proficient in Java or Kotlin Android development
- Proficient in Software Development best practices (Code Quality, UnitTest, BDD)
- Experience with Selenium or Espresso testing
- Experience delivering high-quality, reliable services to production
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
- Familiar with traditional databases and alternative data stores
- Familiar with modern web standards and technologies (e.g. React, Typescript)
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*We love a great bread/food pun
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?