This role is a hybrid (mostly remote) and requires visiting the Boston office 1-2 times per month. Candidates need to be within commutable distance of our Boston office.
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast, Inc. seeks an ambitious and enthusiastic Associate Counsel to join Toast’s growing Legal team. Together with our team of attorneys, you will help us advise Toast and its subsidiaries on a variety of interesting and complex legal matters, provide daily support to cross-functional stakeholders across multiple business units, and promote the company’s growth through drafting and negotiating contracts with vendors, customers, and other third parties.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and provide strategic advice and counsel on legal issues impacting Toast’s products, business, and customers.
- Support the development and maintenance of legal resources and materials to aid business stakeholders in the development of innovative, compliant products and services.
- Monitor evolving laws that may impact Toast’s products and services and assist with operationalizing and implementing compliant solutions where applicable.
- Work in partnership with other members of the Toast Legal and Compliance teams to leverage internal subject matter expertise and integrate it into applicable products, services, and commercial matters.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- A J.D. from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school, and membership in good standing to at least one state bar.
- 2+ years of experience negotiating commercial contracts, including at least one year of experience in a corporate legal department, preferably in the tech sector.
- Strong business and legal acumen with the ability to: quickly identify legal and business issues; balance risks; and devise and articulate creative and practical solutions to various internal and external audiences in a time-sensitive dynamic and fast-paced global environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and drafting skills (contracts, memoranda, etc.) with an emphasis on attention to relevant detail.
- Ability to work with independence, manage competing priorities effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Passion for collaborating with a wide range of people in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*We love a great bread/food pun
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?